Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
chez

Room to rent ...

If anyone knows anyone who might want to rent a room in Mid-Wales and be sufficiently eccentric to share with Arvo and I, I have just upgraded our advert on spareroom.co.uk. PM me if you'd like a link!

£65 a week and all the cauliflowers you can eat Laughing
Rob R

Re: Room to rent ...

Chez wrote:
and be sufficiently eccentric to share with Arvo and I

I take it you mean the house, rather than the room Wink Laughing
wellington womble

I'd be awfully tempted if I could work over there. You could look after my chooks that I'm trying very hard not to buy from Pookie at weekends Wink

Actually, that could work very well - a shared house where some adults do paid work and others work the holding, as long as there were well thought out rules. If I had any money, I'd invest it like that.
chez

Re: Room to rent ...

Rob R wrote:
I take it you mean the house, rather than the room Wink Laughing

Are you accusing me of having non-modal preferences? How VERY dare you! Laughing
Rob R

*tea spluttering moment*

My initial thought was a cot at the end of the bed, now it's Mr Muggins in the tent on Carry on Camping. Laughing
woodsprite

I thought you already had a punter lined up?
chez

woodsprite wrote:
I thought you already had a punter lined up?

Rude so-and-so never showed up this morning and no apologies presented. I've just updated the spareroom.co.uk advert and paid for it to be bold - going to take some photos of the room tomorrow and load them up.

Not sure how successful this is going to be if given a) we are putting the house on the market and b) part of my vetting procedure is going to be to ask 'how do you function as part of a waterbirth team?'. But it's worth a try Laughing.
woodsprite

What an a**e! The punter not you Laughing
How can some people be so rude Evil or Very Mad
wellington womble

Pretty inexcusable not to let you know. I've spent most of today trying to phone to say I will attend an interview, when the number is wrong on the letter. Hope none of the other candidates figured it out! Wink
Bodger

A room just isn't a room without a Goblin Teasmaid. I got myself one as soon as I left home.
Rolling Eyes
http://www.teasmade.com/teasmade.htm
chez

You are a man of discernment and distinction, Bodger. However, I have Arvo lined up in a very brief pinny to take tea in at 7am to anyone who wants it Laughing.
mochyn

Chez wrote:
... Arvo lined up in a very brief pinny to take tea in at 7am to anyone who wants it Laughing.

This could be counter-productive. Maybe that's why you didn't hear from the other chap again.
Rob R

Boiling water that close to the bed? No thank you Laughing
Bodger

See ! Thats where your problem lies. Laughing He needs Immac. Lots and lots of Immac. Laughing

PS. I wasn't joking. When I set up home for the first time, I spent my money on the teasmaid and a black and white portable television. Happy days eh ? Very Happy
chez

mochyn wrote:
This could be counter-productive. Maybe that's why you didn't hear from the other chap again.

I didn't mention it when I spoke to him. I just had a picture in my head Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home