Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Rob R

rosewoodfarms.co.uk

What does everyone think to the font changes?

www.rosewoodfarms.co.uk
tahir

I think the bright green is too bright.
Behemoth

I've never been a fan of that font - reminds me of notices in nursery schools - prefer something more bold.
Rob R

So far Comic Sans MS seems to be winning.

Behemoth wrote:
I've never been a fan of that font - reminds me of notices in nursery schools - prefer something more bold.

Such as?
Behemoth

Ooh now you're asking - Lucidia Sans Unicode
tahir

I like Lucida Sans too, definitely worth trying
jema

Now showing Lucida Sans Normal weighting, bold was orrible.
Northern_Lad

Is there a problem with certificates, or is that another site I'm looking at?
Behemoth

Sorry meant a bolder design rather than in 'bold' - I like it now, looks cleaner and more professional.
jema

Northern_Lad wrote:

?
Northern_Lad

jema wrote:
Northern_Lad wrote:

?

At the risk of sounding like Bugs: It was erroring, honest it was!

It's not any more though.
tahir

It looks a lot better to me.
Rob R

tahir wrote:
It looks a lot better to me.

Ditto. Do you think we should go for a darker green (closer to that used on here) for linked text? I don't think it quite stands up to the main text.
tahir

Rob R wrote:
Do you think we should go for a darker green (closer to that used on here) for linked text?

Definitely
tahir

I think the sheep photo is too dark and the Rosewood Farms lettering on there needs to be a different colour too. I might be tempted to increase brightness and contrast on the photo and give it just a tiniest little hint of brown (not sepia, just something to make it look warmer)
tahir

tahir wrote:
I might be tempted to increase brightness and contrast on the photo and give it just a tiniest little hint of brown (not sepia, just something to make it look warmer)

In fact I think the whole colour scheme looks a bit harsh and clinical, it doesn't feel food or farm related
jema

How's that? the rose is removed and it is brighter and browner.
Northern_Lad

Better, but could the green for the links be the same as that for the menu back ground?
Behemoth

tahir wrote:
tahir wrote:
I might be tempted to increase brightness and contrast on the photo and give it just a tiniest little hint of brown (not sepia, just something to make it look warmer)

In fact I think the whole colour scheme looks a bit harsh and clinical, it doesn't feel food or farm related

Agree to a limited extent but I think it's important to avoid being 'twee'.
Rob R

jema wrote:

It strikes me as being a bit too brown. Like to see the Rose back too.
Behemoth

Do you need a "product search" box under "list all products" - are there going to be that many that necestitates such a prominent search function? The space could be used for something else.
jema

Rose back and brigther, without the brown.
tahir

jema wrote:

Not at all what I had in mind, if I had some time I'd have a go myself.

Can you email me the original photo, I'll see if I can achieve what I think it should look like.
barefoot_boo

Its a promising start - a bit of tweaking and general finishing and you should have something decent. Smile For me the 2 main things that need attention are the images and, more importantly imo, the logo.
Will

The "Robert" link on the front page just opens the front page again in a new window.
Rob R

Will wrote:
The "Robert" link on the front page just opens the front page again in a new window.

Well spotted. Should be sorted now. Cool
nettie

I like the colour scheme.

Is there anyway the buttons can go in a straight line across the very top of the page, instead of being split into two rows?
jema

nettie wrote:
I like the colour scheme.

Is there anyway the buttons can go in a straight line across the very top of the page, instead of being split into two rows?

I will get that sorted, thanks for spotting it.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home