Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Nick

Rule Number 1

Answer the phone. Doesn't matter what you're doing, put it on hold, pick up the phone. It's a customer. They give you money.

I've tried to take business to three local firms this morning. 2 answer phones, and one just kept ringing.

Is my cash not good enough? EH?
windyridge

As an ex telephonist/receptionist.. we always tried to answer within three rings. As you say.. it is money coming in one way or the other.

I have often wondered about setting up an answering service for small businesses... better a human voice says 'sorry they are not available, can I take a message' than the phone rings out unheard!
kirstyfern

As an ex telephonist/receptionist.. we always tried to answer within three rings. As you say.. it is money coming in one way or the other.

I have often wondered about setting up an answering service for small businesses... better a human voice says 'sorry they are not available, can I take a message' than the phone rings out unheard!

i'm sure there is a company that does this, at the moment i'm struggling to get to my phone within 5 rings before the answerphone cuts in, but i am trying...
Nick

Change the answerphone? I'm happy to let a phone ring maybe ten times (dunno, never counted), but I do like an answer.
sean

Mind you, someone had a go at me about not being got back to yesterday. Patient questioning established that she'd only just bothered to get our phone number and had previously been leaving messages on someone else's answerphone. Rolling Eyes
Barefoot Andrew

Did said patience run short at this point?
A.
sean

No. We're selling tickets for a Russell Watson concert. All of his fans appear to be a bit special.
jamanda

Did said patience run short at this point?
A.

"said" patience? Who said that?
Bernie66

It was comedy "gentle BA style"
or sarcasm, more fitting, petard and all that
jamanda

Look - I have to deal with a ten year old, who when read to about the long dark tea time of the soul, and having had it explained that on Sunday Afternoon in the olden days there were no computers and the only thing on telly was Songs of Praise says - well you could have had to listen to light jazz. Don't talk to me about sarcasm!

(that and listening to year 11 drama students (who have decided the space outside my room is a good rehearsal space - note to self, do something about this!) doing stuff about the holocaust in voices that warrant a top hat and twirly moustaches)
Barefoot Andrew

No. We're selling tickets for a Russell Watson concert. All of his fans appear to be a bit special.

Your CD racks aren't festooned with his works then?
A.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home