Rather pleased with this year's effort, so for future reference

aprox

1.5oz demerara sugar
1.5oz icing sugar
2oz vanilla castor sugar
2oz butter
large glug (2 tbspn) rum
1 teaspoon mixed spice

soften butter, bung everything else in, whisk well until all incorporated.

The rum will probably separate out a bit, in which case just stir back in. Cover with clingfilm and keep in the fridge until needed.

Ideal with Christmas pud or mince pies,.
nats

I normally make brandy butter a la Delia. Not got any Brandy this year but loads of DS Quantreau so I was going to use that. Will halve the sugar and see how we go. Thought it might be rather good!
Jamanda

I just like rum really Embarassed
nats

Wine
Fee

It isn't something we have in our house, but when a friend was coming to ours one year and insisted on rum butter, I just added a big glug of rum to the butter and mixed, didn't realise there was a proper recipe for it Laughing

You live and learn!
Jamanda

Well my recipe is only proper in that that's what I just made and it tastes good. I've never tried it with spices in before. It works though.
Fee

Sounds proper to me Smile More proper than adding some rum to butter anyway Wink
cab

I've just sat down after making the brandy butter (and licking the spoon clean...)
nats

nats wrote:
I normally make brandy butter a la Delia. Not got any Brandy this year but loads of DS Quantreau so I was going to use that. Will halve the sugar and see how we go. Thought it might be rather good!

Made it, and apparently it's the "wrong type of sweet" but "it will do" well I rather like it!!
Jamanda

Here we go again. I knew it was worth writing it down, I forgot I'd put brown sugar in.
wellington womble

I'm always looking up what I posted to see what I did. Downsizer is a sort of external memory bank for me.
Jamanda

And it's that time again. santa
Nick

I'm always looking up what I posted to see what I did. Downsizer is a sort of external memory bank for me.

Less cloud storage, more fog storage.
Jamanda

Back to the future!
gythagirl

Delia's rum sauce for me every time!
wellington womble

Less cloud storage, more fog storage.

Less foggy than the inside of my head. Especially today.

ETA I appear to be stuck in Jamandas timeturner!
Jamanda

Delia's rum sauce for me every time!

On your mince pies? No. Fine on pudding.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipe Database
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home