Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Milo

Scotland running on empty

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=145742007
dpack

the future of a nuclear scotland is based at faslane
uummmmmm
Shane

Good to see some well thought out, intelligent comments from the independence brigade.
Milo

IF they get their alternative energy act together, I can't see the Scottish feeling strongly compelled to export cheap power to the rest of the UK, can you?

I'll bet the Corryvreckan (no, Coirebhreacain, looks much better!) whirlpool could spin a (wee) turbine or two.
Shane

Milo wrote:
IF they get their alternative energy act together, I can't see the Scottish feeling strongly compelled to export cheap power to the rest of the UK, can you?

They'd need some form of income to make up for the loss in taxes flowing over their border from the south Wink
Milo

Is that Scheming Dog Shane replying? Smile
Shane

Eh?
Green Man

Shane wrote:
Milo wrote:

They'd need some form of income to make up for the loss in taxes flowing over their border from the south Wink

....and the oil,gas and whisky that flows south? Wink
Shane

That's the point - Mr Milo reckons you'd turn off the oil and gas taps Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home