Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
mick ball

SEA angling boat or shore

i`d write a sea angling feature for you boat or shore british isles or africa.
Behemoth

British Isles related would be interested. I'm sure someone will be along to bite your hand off shortly.
tahir

That'd be great, British Isles I think Wink
mick ball

i`d better get the plastering finished and this vintage rod i`m working on done then Laughing
Jonnyboy

Hi Mick, I've written one on mackerel fishing that encompasses a bit of boat and shore, you can find it in the articles section.

Something that could help people new to sea fishing catch a few different edible species would be brilliant.

Thanks
gil

Yes, please. Got no boat (nor access to), but there are some good rocky shorelines out further west that seem promising, and I'd like to give it a go sometime.
mick ball

howwould you like it written?for complete newbies or people with a bit of knowledge or a mixture
tahir

A mix would be good Mick, we've got all sorts here. Thanks mate
dpack

good idea ,i know a bit about shore but would like to learn boat Wink
mick ball

i think what i`ll do is take somebody fishing somewhere, someone who would like to learn a bit more about sea fishing teach them some casting styles all about safety and shock leaders rigs etc.then we could have a fish and see if they`ve learnt owt. what do you all think?i`ve been writing for mags for years now and it would be a pleasure. bodger wanna come fishing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
tahir

Whereabouts are you Mick?
mick ball

Doncaster Tahir,
tahir

Leebu maybe? I'll PM him, anyone else from thereabouts? Excellent offer Mick.
mick ball

i could do a monthly feature or whenever i get the time do one.i`m a lone parent and my time is precious. just to let you all know a tiny bit about me. i`ve been fishing since i was about three with my dad who was in the navy for 25 yrs once i got to about 11 i went fishing on my own going further afield once i got to 13.from then on i`ve been fishing constantly most disciplines but predominately sea fishing along with barbel and chub.all in all i`ve fished for about 45yrs proffesionally for thelast twenty odd yrs.i am also a registered sea angling casting instructor.
tahir

We've always lacked a bit in the fishing department so any input welcomed.
mick ball

tahir, is that a nick name or your proper name it sounds kind of asian?i`d be more than happy to write a regular feature for you and spread the sea angling gospel. and once the better weather is with us i could lead a small party for a fish in somewhere like north wales,cos the fishing is brilliant there it will be a camping type of affair.
tahir

It's my real name, mum & dad came from Pakistan. Like I say we'd love the articles, and there's loads of Downsizers around Wales/the West, I'm sure you could rustle up a crew for a day out.
leebu

I'd be up well for that- I'm not exactly a complete novice but have done very little sea fishing and no boat fishing whatsoever and would love chance to remedy that. I'd be happy to travel given enough notice. Do you ever come up to the east coast for a bit of fishing, Mick? Mappleton and Hornsea are on my doorstep and I'm not too far away from Bridlington for that matter..

Oh, and Leebu is not my real name in case you are wondering Wink
LynneA

Howard did some offshore fishing when he was at Cardiff Uni. The Uni fishing club had a van, and most people joined the club for the free transport rather than the fish.

He's never given any hints as to his ability, but he's modest in almost all things.
mick ball

leebu i`m in doncaster and Hornsea is a fantastic place to give a spot of tuition and it`s not too testing a plaice Embarassed either
leebu

Well I'm game if you are!
That sounded more camp than I intended.
What I mean is, let me know when a good time for you would be- preferably in the new year if at a weekend or pretty much anytime during the week at the mo'.
Don't know how you want to work it though- I would assume that you might want to find out who else is interested first before deciding on details? I'll go along with whatever's easiest.
dpack

i have a new style of reel (to me anyway ) and could do with some practical tips on casting with it so id maybe be up for a trip Wink .
my old penn multi died and the new thing has buttons Shocked
mostly ive fished s wales and cornwall and west scotland (and trout )
could be fun to discover new folk ,places and techniques
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home