Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
oliveoyl

Search function

I seem to be having problems with the search function.... it seaches fine, I click on a result, all good, but when I go back to look at the list of results again, I'm getting 'page cannot be displayed'... so have to go back again, and fill in and resubmit the search form again.

Assistance/advice appreciated.
jamanda

That sounds annoying. Are you going back with the back button on your browser? What are you using?
sean

Dunno. I've just checked and it's not happening to me. Confused You could always open the thread you want to look at in a new tab which would keep the search results up for you. I realize that that doesn't solve the IT problem but it would stop you from having to keep re-searching.
gil

I have the same problem as oliveoyl. I'm using IE as a web browser.
Silas

I'm using firefox and it seems ok to me.
sean

gil wrote:
I have the same problem as oliveoyl. I'm using IE as a web browser.

Which version of IE? I'll have a look next time I'm at work. Can't use IE on the Mac because Microsoft decided to stop supporting it (not that I used it anyway but it would be nice to have the option).
wellington womble

I've always had that problem with IE and Firefox - I just assumed it was 'one of those things', and opened results in a new tab/window.
gil

IE7
wellington womble

wellington womble wrote:
I've always had that problem with IE and Firefox - I just assumed it was 'one of those things', and opened results in a new tab/window.

Damn - Just checked, and it's fine in Firefox - must have been doing it out of habit.
jamanda

S'OK for me with the latest FF whatever that is, and V***a.
Silas

Jamanda wrote:
S'OK for me with the latest FF whatever that is, and V***a.

Oh don't tell me that Vista is also a swear word?
oliveoyl

I'm using IE7, and yes, it does it when I hit the 'back' icon.

Hadn't thought to open in new tab/window (dur me)... thanks, I'll do that in future.
oliveoyl

I've just tried it out in Firefox and it doesn't do it... when I click back the results are still there.
Barefoot Andrew

Hmm Confused It works perfectly for me in FF3 and IE7. If I ever observe this for myself on other machines/browsers I'll look into it.
A.
Behemoth

I always have that problem. Home and work. Doesn't seem to matter if it's home Mac, PC or work's system.
cab

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
Hmm Confused It works perfectly for me in FF3 and IE7. If I ever observe this for myself on other machines/browsers I'll look into it.
A.

I get this problem with IE 7.
sean

Does it with IE7 at work. Is it a settings thing?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home