Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
marigold

Search query

I'm getting odd search results - I thought "search for all terms" meant that only posts containing all the words entered would be returned, but it doesn't seem to work like that for me at the moment - it's returning results which contain only one of the words I entered. Also search terms are not highlighted and I'm sure they used to be Confused
jema

search has been changed, and that has probably caused this.

The plus side is that you should have noticed posting is far faster.
marigold

jema wrote:
search has been changed, and that has probably caused this.

The plus side is that you should have noticed posting is far faster.

Posting has been v slow at times lately - typing appears veeeerrrryyy slowly in the editing box, but I put that down to my set up rather than DS. Yesterday was really bad, but I'm beginning to have old-system problems anyway - various sites kill off my connection which is a PIA.
jema

If you can't type into the edit box quickly that is NOTHING to do with downsizer.net as that is totally on your PC.

You need to run malware scans.
marigold

jema wrote:
If you can't type into the edit box quickly that is NOTHING to do with downsizer.net as that is totally on your PC.

Didn't think it was anything to do with DS Wink .

Quote:

You need to run malware scans.

It's OK today, so I shall procrastinate a bit more about sorting out anti-whatsit software... Embarassed Yeah, I know Macs aren't totally immune, but I don't practise what I preach when it comes to computer security and back ups Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed . (I'll let you know when you can say "I told you so" Laughing )

Is the search issue fixable?
jema

Possibly.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home