Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
hotpantsnwellies

Sending pork via a courier

OK - so pigs aren't here yetm, but I am planning ahead!

I have some friends & family down in London (and elsewhere) that want to buy half pigs from us. My question is how best to get the meet to them and best way of packaging?

Most people seem to vac pac and put in a polystyrene box with cool packs and send overnight by courier - but where on earth do you get these things from?

I had a scoot on t'internet, but only found US companies!

Anyone else sent meat through the post?
tahir

Rob R was talking about doing it, he may have found some suppliers, probably worth PMing him.
Nick

Indeed he was. The issue was resolved in the event without them, but he certainly had a plan. I'd say he was a good bet, too.

Iirc, these were easily available, but only in large quantities. It's the kind of thing we should be able to purchase as a consortium and split, I'd have thought.
tahir

NickHowe wrote:
It's the kind of thing we should be able to purchase as a consortium and split, I'd have thought.

Bloomin good idea, but they're bulky to cart around aren't they? How would you distribute em if say one person had 100 delivered?
Nick

Well, I spend a fair amount of my time hammering about the country in a van or car. (Which is why Rob didn't need them)
tahir

Wonder if Farmwoody or Alison would be interested too...
alison

I might be.

A friend of mine gets the poly boxes for me usually. I can ask her where from, if you like.
cab

Hotpantsnwellies, give Farmwoody a yell for advice on couriering pork.
Nick

http://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/

Ta-da!
tahir

NickHowe wrote:
http://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/

Ta-da!

well done Mr Nick
Nick

Oh, I can't really take the credit, someone else showed me, but, I thought I'd share.
Jammer

U guys are saints!!
I have been lookin everywhere on the net for this.. I am not worth Wink Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home