Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
liz

Serrano ham

Has anyone bought Lidl serrano ham? If so what do you use it for. I am so tempted but can't think of many uses for it. Thanks.
earthyvirgo

Re: Serrano ham

Has anyone bought Lidl serrano ham? If so what do you use it for. I am so tempted but can't think of many uses for it. Thanks.

Snap - it looks like amazing value doesn't it?
But for 2 people, we'd be eating it for years Smile

EV
Nick

I haven't, but I might risk it. It's very cheap, and gets good reviews.

It's nibbly food. A plate of that, with a glass of cold beer or wine before dinner, slivers in pasta, thin slices on pizza, or slices wrapped around asparagus or hot dates. If it's good, it'll be a bargain.

Keeps in the fridge for weeks, but it does take up a lot of fridge.
robkb

In-laws got one at Xmas, it was very nice but a swine to slice (the knife that came with it was pants).
Shan

Use a different knife.
robkb

Use a different knife.

Thanks, we hadn't thought of that Wink
Shan

I have been travelling for 24 hours..... I might be a little more blunt when I'm tired. Laughing robkb

I have been travelling for 24 hours..... I might be a little more blunt when I'm tired. Laughing

Bit like that bloody knife Laughing
Shan

Just a tad! Laughing Nick

I have been travelling for 24 hours..... I might be a little more blunt when I'm tired. Laughing

How will we tell?
dpack

re this ham ,is there any indication of the type of piggy? the feed and lifestyle of the piggy? if they use a "free knife"as part of the package do they consider the porky portion as important as the allegedly rubbish blade ?

i know where all of my ham was born,how it lived ,what it ate and sometimes even considered it an equal .
i have ham that is up to 7 yrs old and some that is younger.

if i had the location,tame eho,and resources to invest for the future i would start making the stuff as a business cos artisanham is ace .i wonder how a supermarket product compares ?
Nick

Should have asked two hours ago. I was looking at it in store, thinking of this thread.

I bought some drill bits, instead.
vegplot

Should have asked two hours ago. I was looking at it in store, thinking of this thread.

I bought some drill bits, instead.

Is it that tough!
dpack

with the proper drill nothing is too tough Shan

How will we tell?

Laughing
Nick

They're fine. sean

The drill bits? Nick

No, the ham. dpack

Laughing
and the drill bits?
Nick

They were grand.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1