Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
faerienono

Sewin

My wonderful neighbour, (who I keep supplied with slices of cake, rhubarb tart and pasties), has just delivered 2 freshly caught Sewin from the river which runs at the end of our gardens.....

What a star!!!
LynneA

Being near a trout/Sewin river is high up on my dream home wish list Very Happy
faerienono

Sewin, salmon and brown trout....................... Very Happy
murdrobe

ashamedly admitting i didnt know what a sewin was... upon google analysis it looks very much like a trout... is there much difference?
faerienono

Just been given another one, will report after dinner!
Northern Boy

ashamedly admitting i didnt know what a sewin was... upon google analysis it looks very much like a trout... is there much difference?

It's the same species (as a brown trout). The only difference is that a sewin has been to the sea whereas a trout has not.
faerienono

Fantastic, extremely fresh (obviously), more delicate a flavour than salmon, sort of a cross between salmon and trout to taste.

The flesh is pale pink, and bones were not too much of a problem.

We cooked them wrapped in foil, with lemon, freshely picked sorrel and bronze fennel, and plenty of butter.

Served up with organic pembrokeshire new potatoes and organic asparagus.........................bliss!
Northern Boy

Fantastic, extremely fresh (obviously), more delicate a flavour than salmon, sort of a cross between salmon and trout to taste.

The flesh is pale pink, and bones were not too much of a problem.

We cooked them wrapped in foil, with lemon, freshely picked sorrel and bronze fennel, and plenty of butter.

Served up with organic pembrokeshire new potatoes and organic asparagus.........................bliss!

Yum!
mihto

Now for our special sauce for a fish we simply call sea trout:

Bring cream to boil. 1 dl per person.

Take slices of butter and whip (melt) it into the hot cream.

Then use finely chopped parsley. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste (optional).

Enjoy
faerienono

Oh Oh Oh.......................the third was eaten cold tonight as a starter, with local organic asparagus in welsh butter................heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! Jamanda

Oh Oh Oh.......................the third was eaten cold tonight as a starter, with local organic asparagus in welsh butter................heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooo. Drooling now.
faerienono

Too late, all gone into my fat tummy!!!!! mihto

Too late, all gone into my fat tummy!!!!!

Many happy returns!

Try the ABU hot smoker as well. Easy and tasty.
faerienono

None left to smoke, although my man friend has threatened to 'barbeque smoke' a side of salmon over the weekend........... judith

I wish people would threaten me with that sort of thing. Very Happy faerienono

Good isn't it????????????? Grin.....................
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home