Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
jema

Shall I remove the need for email activation of accounts?

We seem to have a few users having problems, I just dealt with "Donny" who had an inactive account.

These days spammers can happily get through email activation anyway. So I am not sure I see the point.

jema
tahir

I reckon it's safe to do that, we're always here anyway to deal with "dodgy" users
sean

Well, it isn't stopping dodgy joiners is it, so I can't see that it's serving any purpose really.
jema

Okay done.

Has anyone a spare email address with which to register a test user? whom we can then delete.

I do this as a rule, to check that new people can get on after I make a change, but I never seem to have a problem anyway.

jema
jema

Donny raises the point that activation emails may get "junked" and I bet this does happen a lot.

jema

Yes, it seems to work fine.

Off to delete myself now.

Was nice knowing you.
tahir

I've just been speaking to Humph and he didn't need to activate his account either, shall I ask him for an article?
Bugs

Anonymous wrote:
Yes, it seems to work fine.

Off to delete myself now.

Was nice knowing you.

That was me. (I was electric monk). Interesting that it turns back to guest when the user is deleted, that's quite handy in a way and a little confusing in others.
sean

tahir wrote:
I've just been speaking to Humph and he didn't need to activate his account either, shall I ask him for an article?

Why not? Who is he BTW?
tahir

Have you seen the Mornington Crescent thread?
jema

A good opportunity to learn the use of the "IP" icon Very Happy

jema
tahir

Laughing
Bugs

I am very, very concerned about your collective sanity. Shocked

Perhaps it'll make more sense once I've had a drink or two. See you in a couple of hours.
sean

jema wrote:
A good opportunity to learn the use of the "IP" icon Very Happy

jema

Did it, learnt my lesson.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home