Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
joker

Shotguns Sting ( warning graffic picture )

This is a little warning to all those out there like me who use a shotgun this is what can happen when things go wrong in this case it was me on the receiving end just because some idiot didnt put his safety catch on Shocked

I consider myself lucky as if this shot had been just inches to the left i would have lost my lower leg and if the shot had been anywhere else well who knows what might have happened Confused

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/joker78/leg/shot1.bmp
sally_in_wales

Ouch! Definately a good advertisement for being careful. Hope it heals up cleanly, don't try to rush things whilst it gets better.
tahir

hmm nice
joker

It has mostley healed already as it happened in november but thanks for your concern
Bugs

Very, very nasty, as you say, you were lucky in a way.

Can it really be that hard to remember to use the safety catch?
joker

Youd think so wouldnt you Needless to say i wont be going out shooting with him again Embarassed
Treacodactyl

When is the joker hunting season then?
judyofthewoods

Speedy recovery! The Inuit have a word which translates into this long sentence (but don't know the word): 'I like you very much, but I would not go seal hunting with you' - do you still like that person??
joker

No I dont really like Him now
Bugs

joker wrote:
Needless to say i wont be going out shooting with him again

If I were him, *I* wouldn't go out shooting again, in company or not.
joker

Unfortunatley He isnt that conciencious but the word has got around and most people who shoot in the local area have heard what happened and wont shoot with Him and some pheasant shoots he used to beat on ( and load guns for double gunning ) wont have Him on the shoot some justice i suppose Exclamation
jema

No such thing as an accident with a gun really.... yoiu have to follow a set of simple rules always.
culpepper

ooch your poor leg!
Glad its healing okay though.
mrsnesbitt

It's very artistic.the contrast of the aquamarine and the red set against it is very pleasing to the eye..............but not to the leg I guess!

Take care out there!
D
sean

joker wrote:
Unfortunatley He isnt that conciencious but the word has got around and most people who shoot in the local area have heard what happened and wont shoot with Him and some pheasant shoots he used to beat on ( and load guns for double gunning ) wont have Him on the shoot some justice i suppose Exclamation

Is he not likely to have some difficulty when his renewal comes up. I would assume that the police frown on shooting people, even by accident.
joker

He hasnt got a certificate he was shooting one of my guns ive now found out his certificate was revoked funny he never mentioned that to me before i put a gun in his hands Evil or Very Mad
sean

Ahhh....... Shocked
So he makes a habit of this?
Behemoth

Ouch - what was his reaction?

Is this why you've been a bit quiet for a while?
Jonnyboy

joker wrote:
He hasnt got a certificate he was shooting one of my guns ive now found out his certificate was revoked funny he never mentioned that to me before i put a gun in his hands Evil or Very Mad

Sorry about your injury Joker, hope it gets better soon.

No license eh? If he wasn't on your land then isn't he breaking the law using a gun?
joker

Jonnyboy wrote:

No license eh? If he wasn't on your land then isn't he breaking the law using a gun?

Yeah this i found out afterwards when the police arrested me for aiding ana abbeting the possesion of a shotgun with no licence Fortunatley the BASC sent me the relevent laws on the fax machine and i was able to show the police what i beleived allowed me to let an unlicenced person use my gun its basicly turning the term occupier to your advantage the police tried to do the same but i had it in writing and they didnt Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home