Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
sean

Singer Overlocker Offer

Lidl appear to be offerinng these for £149 from Monday. Obviously I haven't a clue if they're any good or not or even what people use them for.
linky
Barefoot Andrew

Do they lock down talentless people who do tuneless wailing?

Wink
A.
Hungrydog

I'd give my right arm to be able to use one of those.
Finsky

I was looking those today on line too.. Very Happy
I 'blew up' my last one few months ago.. it was years old and very similar kind of machine. They are VERY simple to use .
Of course they came for sale just as I've used my spare money allowance Rolling Eyes ....I bought another spinning wheel last weekend.. Very Happy
Lorrainelovesplants

What can you use an overlocker for then?
Shan

They overlock and cut seams at the same time. Depending on the model, some of them do the most beautiful rolled hems. If you get a good model, it will probably have a chainstitch. I used to have an Elna and the most wonderful aspect was overlocking and topstitching a hem at the same time (cover hem)! Wonderful function!
Finsky

What can you use an overlocker for then?

Almost anything and everything you would want to sow and would 'zig zag' with ordinary sowing machine.
Overlocker just does the same job but much tidier and less fraying manner..it sow the straight line and finish the edge by zig-zagging and cutting the edge all in one go.
Look inside any of your commercial t-shirt or other garments and you see the overlocked work.
I don't do much clothes these days anymore..just some repairs. Mainly I use mine when doing household 'stuff'.

See here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoxWUDsVHfI&list=PLRJTg_kB52Bv2cAxoFxwOdPaWoxUCGOUl
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home