Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
jema

Site downtime

The site will probably be down for a short period during the night.

This is so that our server can be moved so that most of the bits and bobs that make up the myfreeforum server empire can sit together and be connected directly to each other and a new "NAS" box via our new shiny 1gb switch box.
tahir

How big's the NAS?
Behemoth

When you say 'moved' I have visions of an opportunity to get the vac down there and to retreive biros and bank statements. I suspect it's not like that.
jema

tahir wrote:
How big's the NAS?

It's 4tb actual, less real as it is configured as RAID5.
Barefoot Andrew

Behemoth wrote:
When you say 'moved' I have visions of an opportunity to get the vac down there and to retreive biros and bank statements. I suspect it's not like that.

My vision is of kit lashed together in the garage, cables draped around demijohns etc Wink I suspect it's not like that either.
A.
Jamanda

I really thought it was in the cupboard under Jema's stairs Embarassed I don't know where it is now. or even if it is "where" as I think of it.
jema

Laughing

Sunny Maidenhead, which is a lot more accessible than Iowa!
mousjoos

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means, perhaps with the exception of the bit about biros & bank statements
Green Rosie

You beat me to it Moosjoos - why I even start to read these site down threads I'll never know 'cos I never understand them Embarassed ....... but then I am looking for excuses not to cook dinner at the moment Rolling Eyes
jema

Things are scheduled for 1am confused2
Jamanda

jema wrote:
Things are scheduled for 1am confused2

So how long is "a short period"?
jema

it really should be for downsizer, the 2 minutes it takes me to shut it down, the ## mins it take for them to derack and rerack the server in the new rack, then about 5 mins to restart things.

But there are three servers to deal with and one needs a RAID card replaced as part of this process. So I can't be very sure about it all.
Jamanda

Seven whole minutes Surprised eeek!
jema

7 mins + ##
Jamanda

Well good luck. Hope we all wake up in the morning.
jema

Still not totally sorted, got plagued by the engineers at Rapidswitch showing initiative Laughing

A pain in the neck in this case, but at least they appear capable of thinking Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home