Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
jema

Site server upgrade

An additional hard drive has been ordered for the server, which will cause a little downtime as it is installed.

The benefits will be a faster site, as we will use the new drive to store the site databases.

Having two drives will also help secure us against drive failure as well will be able to cross backup between drives.
Jonnyboy

I'm shocked and amazed that we don't have the entire server mirrored, plus UPS of course.
jema

Jonnyboy wrote:
I'm shocked and amazed that we don't have the entire server mirrored, plus UPS of course.

Laughing Well we do have UPS! we are in a pretty sophisticated Cupboard datacenter Smile

We also have two backup systems running daily, and weekly offsite backups. However there is no substitute for a local independant drive. Except of course RAID mirroring, but that is very expensive.
jema

Looks like Midnight CST for the upgrade. Not quite sure the GMT on that but 6-8 am or thereabouts I'd guess.
jema

Things seem a bit faster to me Smile
jema

I have however just whinged to the technician about the silly way he has mounted the drive Evil or Very Mad I don't know if this means he will do it again and hence take us offline again.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home