Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Dani

Site Suggestion

well, I hope this isnt too far out, but recently, well, I should say, over the past few months I have come accross some really good, informative threads. Trouble is I lose them. And some times even forget they even happened which leads to the embarisment of asking the same question some one else has already asked.

I was wondering if there could be some sort of personal favourite threads list. Like when you see a thread you want to keep, you can star it, or add it, or flag it.

And yes, I know there is a very handy search feature, but searching isnt always effective and it also doesnt search my brain for lost information

anyway. its just a thought
jema

That's called favourites or bookmarks in your browser!
gil

Would it work if you added the page to your general browser 'Favourites' , and renamed the page as something you'll remember ?

I tend to open Notepad and do a quick copy and paste, and I keep a Downsizer Folder in My Documents where all the DS info [recipes, mainly] are saved as files named by recipe / thing to make.
Dani

at 36 favourites in my toolbar, 14 sub folders and 54 misc favoutites , I am losing the plot on that front.
I spend a lot of time on the net
gz

You need to spend more time in the garden?!! Laughing
Dani

good point.

well, not to worry. I will sort something else out. I mean it was only an idea I had seen on a couple of other sites
TheGrange

I thought it was a splendid idea Iíve had the same before, I constantly come across interesting info when Iím in the midst of what I should be doing and would much prefer a *quick* click box solution than trawling through an ever growing favourites - besides the fact I use two internet explorers and forget which favourites Iíve bunged them in for safe Rolling Eyes keeping
Louisdog

Is there no way to view a page with all your subscribed topics on it? That would sort of accomplish that wouldn't it...
jema

Louisdog wrote:
Is there no way to view a page with all your subscribed topics on it? That would sort of accomplish that wouldn't it...

That could be added very easily. I have already added it on myfreeforum.org.
Louisdog

That would be quite a cool feature actually, who do we have to convince? Very Happy
jema

me Wink
Penny Outskirts

Laughing Laughing
Louisdog

jema wrote:
me Wink

Ah that doesn't sound too scary then Very Happy
joanne

Depends whether it involves making those rather delicious meatballs or not......
Louisdog

Oh no please don't talk about he delish food on this thread, it's been tantalising enough reading it on the other ones! I will need a bib soon at this rate Razz
Dani

oh cool. so people do like my idea.

would it be really difficult Jema?
jema

I am starting now.

We will see how it goes.
jema

http://forum.downsizer.net/index.php?component=subscriptions

how does that look? and where should be place the link to it?
Dani

oh, excellent!!!

maybe at the top of the page next to 'new topic' & 'reply'
not really sure actually
Bernie66

Cool and somewhere by ones profile IMO.
Bernie66

Dani wrote:
oh, excellent!!!

maybe at the top of the page next to 'new topic' & 'reply'

Or there Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

That is extremely handy - well done.

I suggest the link goes in the "user status" area on the left, underneath the logout button.

A.
Blue Sky

That's cool, but they don't seem to be clickable. Is it just me? All I get is a link to 'stop watching this topic' Neutral
bagpuss

I would also be tempted to suggest reversing the order of the list so most recently posted if first

edit:great plan though
jema

Good point, the main purpose of the page was to handle subscriptions. I will make it click-able.
Barefoot Andrew

Excellent new feature.
A.
Louisdog

That looks excellent Smile

I'd second the link-in-profile suggestion, and reversing the sort order.

Could we have an unsorted by board view too so it's just all threads reverse chronological? Or am I just being greedy now? Shocked

Thanks for adding this Very Happy
jema

Order sorted, but I think an all threads view is not the right way to do.
Dani

This is brilliant.
Thank you
love5
Blue Sky

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
Excellent new feature.
A.

Seconded!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Array Banners Home