Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Chickem

Skill Share 2015... who wants to play!

Ginkotree has kindly offered to host this years skill share at her lovely farm in Carmarthen the suggested dates are W/E 21st or 28th August.
http://www.cwmoernantfarm.co.uk/

who would like to come and which date suits you best?
Bodrighy

Got a wedding to go to and some shows all around then unfortunately. Sad otherwise we'd be up for it no doubt.

Pete & Mo
mochyn

I'll need to check the calendar for battles...
Snowball

We want to play.
I think the 21st would be better for us, but we can make either date.
Tavascarow

I'd like to play as well this year.
Happy to do some willow work if anyone is interested, but will be cycling there (600 miles round trip) so wont be able to bring owt but me & my dogs. Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Possibly, depends on house move, health, and stuff.
vegplot

We'll be in Italy. On holiday. In a castle. For two weeks.

It's not a hard decision.
mochyn

Which part of Italy?
vegplot

Perugia.
mochyn

Ah well, at least it'snot Sicily Wink
MornieG

Happy to do some willow work if anyone is interested, but will be cycling there (600 miles round trip) so wont be able to bring owt but me & my dogs. Very Happy

Wow Tavascarow, that's an impressive journey Shocked

Mo.XX
Liz in Ireland

I could do either, so long as I have money for a ferry ticket!
Liz in Ireland

Do the dogs sit in a pannier, or run the 600 miles Shocked
gythagirl

I do so enjoy our get-togethers but I now know I'll be out of the country (well, both countries to be precise, I guess!) so must regretfully bow out of this summer's. Tavascarow

Do the dogs sit in a pannier, or run the 600 miles Shocked

I'm hoping by August they will be so well trained I shall be able to put my feet up on the bars & just say MUSH.
In reality they will ride in the trailer on the roads & run some of the offroad bits to give my legs a break.

Wow Tavascarow, that's an impressive journey Shocked

Mo.XX Not if I set off in June.
Wink Laughing
MornieG

I could set off today and still not be there in time LOL

Mo.XX
Chickem

bumpity bump! Very Happy gardening-girl

We`ll have to look at finances. We are saving very hard for our adventure next year. Wink Chez

We're up for it, our usual chaos not withstanding.

We'll need accommodation where we can all sleep in a heap together and somewhere under cover to plug the wheelchair in at night Smile.
joanne

I'd love to say yes but at the moment I can't even organise what I'm doing next week!

Being pragmatic though, I think that as we are FINALLY moving in together this Summer before Lucy goes to high school and we've got masses of decorating to do as well as dealing with a very poorly Dad who is deteriorating rapidly and desperately wanting to have a family holiday abroad somewhere with all 6 of us before Em goes off to Uni for the first time and Sam is well enough to restart Uni, I'm going to have to say no this time.

I will talk to the Gothboy and see what he says though as the kids love going feral in the woods at Penny's
Chez

I might have a job for Lucy, Jo. Nenna needs a little girl to lend her her voice for her speech software Smile joanne

I might have a job for Lucy, Jo. Nenna needs a little girl to lend her her voice for her speech software Smile

OK let me know if you do Smile
bibbster

Yes from me too, probably either weekend Smile cir3ngirl

I want to say yes but no idea what's happening as far as wrist ops until at least end of April Ginkotree

Let me know what you would need and I can see if I can get it.
Ginkotree

We're up for it, our usual chaos not withstanding.

We'll need accommodation where we can all sleep in a heap together and somewhere under cover to plug the wheelchair in at night Smile.

No problem..will pm you so that we can make sure you have everything you need to have a happy time.x
Tavascarow

Let me know what you would need and I can see if I can get it. If we do a poll nearer to the date as to how many might like to make a few things I should be able to work out how much willow to order. People can bring their own secateurs or pass around those that do bring. Can't think of anything else at the mo. I was thinking simple things like the spiral bird feeders & tension trays I posted pictures of here a couple of years ago & for the more adventurous a simple stake & strand basket or frame basket.
I'm sure there will be others attending who will be able to do more than me if the materials are there.
mochyn

Are we still on for this? If so, which weekend? we can only do the second one. jema

don't think there's the interest, perhaps we could try and piggyback a mini DS meet around some other event? Jamanda

We thought a meet up at one of Bulworthy Project's weekends might be a good idea. mochyn

All good from my POV: I've just been offered a bit of work over that weekend...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home