Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Nell Merionwen

Skill share barter/sell/give away.

The usual rules apply. If you have anything to offer I will add it to the top post into the appropriate category.
Anything left behind and not claimed within a week will be donated to the local scouts/charity.

Barter
Lego castle and dragon legolike stuff. For children only bibbster

Sell
t-shirts from Penny http://www.squatorange.com/
Lego castle and dragon legolike stuff. For children only bibbster
Horn Sticks BTL
Wooden things Rusticwood
Quail Chez
Traditional sweets Cir3ngirl

Give away
a collection of girls clothing and two toddler sized swimming towels. The type you put your head through Nell
Fiction books Cathryn
books and Jigsaw puzzles Ginkotree
A selection of children's books (age around 8 and under) Nell

Wanted
Clean cotton 'rags' - worn out old t-shirts or anything that's too far gone for charity shop purposes for cleaning up my inking slabs and rollers. EV
Metal singer sewing machine bobbins Cathryn
mochyn

I know there are things I keep meaning to re-home. I'll have a look. There's a butcher's saw, for a start.
cir3ngirl

If anybody who is coming wants/needs t-shirts from Penny http://www.squatorange.com/ I am happy to bring to weekend to save postage.
faerienono

Is it worth putting a 'wanted' section? It may jog people's minds if they have anything that could be of use to somebody else?????
Jamanda

Perhaps the courier section could double up?
bibbster

Re: Skill share barter/sell/give away.

Lego castle and dragon legolike stuff. For children only Wink
Sell Or barter (tis my sons, at 17 he is letting it go)
Nell Merionwen

Is it worth putting a 'wanted' section? It may jog people's minds if they have anything that could be of use to somebody else?????

done Cool
Rusticwood

I'll be bringing some wooden things with me for sale
gardening-girl

BTL has some Horn Sticks to sell.
Chez

Quail. Apparently.
Cathryn

I have a stack of books, fiction to give away. Good trashy stuff (it did look vaguely intellectual until one of the students at the weekend fancied The Road, so it's all easy read stuff now). It didn't make it to the Fibre weekend so please remind me to pass it for this one.

Highly unlikely wanted (in that a high percentage of downsizers also sew) I am renovating some old Singer sewing machines, if anyone has the odd metal round bobbins and those that go into the bullet shaped ones, they would be handy as a spare. I intend using these machines. Smile
Jamanda

They were saying at work they'd found a load of old bobbins and did any one want them. What models do you have?
Cathryn

Singer. metal ones. These machines don't like plastic. One is Jacks grandmothers, bought new in 1940 and the other is his Great Grandmothers bought new in 1873. Smile That one takes a very different shape.

Any you have spare would be great. My own machine (Brother) also takes the metal ones and isn't keen on the plastic ones. (Excess can be passed onto the organisation that renovates them and garden implements and sends them out across the world.)
Ginkotree

I have books and Jigsaw puzzles that people might want.
Last time there were tables put out in the big barn for folk to display thier goods...
do we have to write everything we might want to find new homes for, wether for exchange give away or sale...or if we remember last minute things can we put them out anyway... I will recycle the items left if folk do not want to bring things incase they might have to take them away again...we have lots of different groups who use the farm with very diverse wants/needs..its amazing what we have found homes for in the past!
earthyvirgo

WANTED

Clean cotton 'rags' - worn out old t-shirts or anything that's too far gone for charity shop purposes for cleaning up my inking slabs and rollers.

Mochyn kindly gave me a whole bin bag last year and I'm just coming to the bottom of it.

Many thanks
EV
Nell Merionwen

I have books and Jigsaw puzzles that people might want.
Last time there were tables put out in the big barn for folk to display thier goods...
do we have to write everything we might want to find new homes for, wether for exchange give away or sale...or if we remember last minute things can we put them out anyway... I will recycle the items left if folk do not want to bring things incase they might have to take them away again...we have lots of different groups who use the farm with very diverse wants/needs..its amazing what we have found homes for in the past!

I have no doubt that there will be last minute things put out and I am all for leaving you to rehome/recycle anything left. Cool
cir3ngirl

Following on from sweets by the quarter thread would anybody like me to bring them any Ginkotree

I like sweets Very Happy cir3ngirl

I like sweets Very Happy

What shall I bring you
sally_in_wales

and if there is anyone here who hasn't yet told me what 'flavour' soap they wanted as their share of helping with the Crowdfunding, do let me know and I'll bring it with me. I think almost everyone has now had theirs but there were a few people who didnt get back to me with their choices/addresses, and I don't want anyone to miss out who would like their soap Very Happy Snowball

What are the options of "flavours" please Sally? sally_in_wales

essentially its anything thats in the shop at the moment, or if you had the shaving pot option, any of the shaving soaps or the cedarwood & lime if the Victorian ones didnt appeal. I'm also due to do a batch of Peppermint & Patchouli (an Edwardian recipe) shaving soap next week that won't have been on the email I sent round Snowball

He would like sandalwood and rose please.
Have you got your yeasts yet?
Nell Merionwen

yes, she has
Snowball

Very Happy Very Happy sally_in_wales

He would like sandalwood and rose please.

sure thing Smile I still owe you for the yeast I think, remind me how much as I will settle up Embarassed
Snowball

Sally I am sure we can barter, maybe for an essential oil or two?

We will bring juggling balls to give away, and hopefully, some Limoncello and sloe gin to barter.
sally_in_wales

excellent, I like barter Ginkotree

Do you have any vannilla snowball?
I would like some soaps for the farm please Sally.
Jamanda

and if there is anyone here who hasn't yet told me what 'flavour' soap they wanted as their share of helping with the Crowdfunding, do let me know and I'll bring it with me. I think almost everyone has now had theirs but there were a few people who didnt get back to me with their choices/addresses, and I don't want anyone to miss out who would like their soap Very Happy

Did I tell you?
sally_in_wales

Did I tell you?[/quote]

not yet, but you can always just have a rummage at the weekend, I'll have a selection with me Smile
Jamanda

Quote:
Did I tell you?

not yet, but you can always just have a rummage at the weekend, I'll have a selection with me Smile

OK I'll do that then. Very Happy
bibbster

Give away...space base set, I beleive the ion drive is missing but am sure someone could sort that out Laughing
one pair addidas tracksuit bottoms 8-12 yr old depending. Likewise 2 full zip hoodoes,
gz

Anyone want my winemaking equipment?
I'll bring it to the Skillshare if I have room, or would anyone like to come and get it?
Chickem

Can anybody make use of a couple of plastic compost bins? I have 2 going spare we can bring them to the skill share.
ETA: we also have a selection of DVDs and books we will be bringing
gz

Has anyone any special requests for pots they might like to buy/barter? Very Happy

I'm working on a selection, but room is limited Confused
cir3ngirl

Anybody use any empty plastic sweet jars. let me know before 5.30 Tuesday evening Pilsbury

Anybody use any empty plastic sweet jars. let me know before 5.30 Tuesday evening

Actually yes but I am not going, if anyone could get them Essex London way I would pick them up, other than that I would be happy to pay postage, I'm guessing they are bulky rather than heavy.
cir3ngirl

T-boy has some Nintendo ds games to get rid of, no cases or instructions though Rolling Eyes
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Array Home