Nell Merionwen

Skill share menu 2014

I am happy to co-ordinate this again.
thoughts anyone?
What would you like to bring?

This is what is offer currently.

Chickem - quiche and cake
Jamanda - Bread, cheese and chickpeas.
Mo - 2 doz eggs, 20 jacket spuds, pasta with pesto, salad, butter and yoghurt.
Joanne - Gluten Free Cous cous, cheese
Chez - More eggs and cheese
Gythagirl - quiche and cake
Bibbster - fruit cake
GG - veggie bean burger, hommity pie.

Snowball- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, milk, sugar, roasted pepper dip, olive and anchovy bites, cake.

Meal Time Table So Far.

Friday Night.
Chip shop run (we will need volunteer(s) to do this along side Andrew. He is happy to go as he knows where it is and so on)

Saturday.

Breakfast,
A variety of pork products (saussies and bacon).
Eggs (probably scrambled for convenience)
Possibility of sauteed mushrooms, potatoes and tomatoes?

Lunch
Quiches, bread, cheese, pasta salads, cous cous. (any other dishes anyone wishes to provide)

Dinner
Bunny tagine with mint and feta salad and cous cous.
Veggie bean thingy made by G-G

Sunday
Breakfast
See Yesterday.

Lunch.
Left overs.

Dinner
Who knows as we may all have left by then.

Ongoing

Cake, snacks, tea, coffee and stuff.

This is subjet to other's agreement.
What do people recommend doing with the bunnies?
MornieG

Sorry Nell no idea what you are referring to, can you elaborate please Laughing

Mo.XX
Nell Merionwen

The skill share in August linky
Accomodation thread is here
This thread is for organising the menu for the weekend. Sort of a list of who is bringing, and what we are eating and when.
So far Chickem is bringing quiches and cake.
MornieG

Thanks Nell I had forgotton all about this. Will have a chat with Pete could maybe combine it with a visit to Cornwall to see his kids

Mo.XX

Woopie we can make it !! wav Wine sorry but I'm a woz and won't be able to do the bunny slaughtering bit. Cooking it no problem. XX
Jamanda

Bread, cheese and chickpeas

Remember three meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday need to come out of the central pot, so while we need to decide what we'll have, anyone bringing those or ingredients for those will be reimbursed.
MornieG

As we are not coming down from home it will be difficult to bring a quantity of prepared food as no where cool to keep it fresh for 24 hours. Happy to bring any ingredients required that will keep in the car for that long in a small cool box. Don't know what the attendance number count is yet but we can start with.......
2 dozen eggs.
20 ? large potatoes for Jackets
Pasta and some Pesto
Selection of salad ingredients
Some butter and Yoghurt
Can probably rustle up a cake or two

Not been to a DS event before so will that do ?

Presumably simple tasty food required. I can do a meal of Pasta with pesto and mushrooms plus bacon for the non veggies topped with a generous portion of cheese or a pasta bake

Mo and Pete XX
Nick

It's an ok start, but, really, you need to think about other people. I suggest about 5kg of dried chick peas. Eight if you're there two days. It's pretty much all Sean eats, for example.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

What's our rough count of special dietary snowflakes?

And what would survive the trip from oop north?? I'm too tight to put the air-con on Wink
MornieG

It's an ok start, but, really, you need to think about other people. I suggest about 5kg of dried chick peas. Eight if you're there two days. It's pretty much all Sean eats, for example.

Love spicy chickpeas with loads of cumin, yum !!

Mo.XX
Nell Merionwen

Love spicy chickpeas with loads of cumin, yum !!

Mo.XX
Possibly not in the amount that was prepared at the foody skill share. Shocked
Chez

Remember that there will be a large quantity of rabbit for Saturday. Rabbit with chickpeas? cir3ngirl

We will be coming by train so if I made a list could somebody who had room in a car buy things for me to cook with while we were there. Happy to paypal money before shopping beings Jamanda

Actually I think some sort of Morocanny flavoured bunny and chick pea thing might work!

If you are on the train, or not coming from home, then please don't complicate your lives by bringing food.

(Cake tends to be the main thing required as extra.)
gardening-girl

As I don`t do bunny,shall I make something veggie?I know Christian is veggie,anyone else? joanne

As I don`t do bunny,shall I make something veggie?I know Christian is veggie,anyone else?

If there is a rabbit tagine thing going down, I'm sure a veggie version would be appreciated and then we only have to make a huge amount of couscous (I'll bring GF couscous down to Chez's as I've only seen it in Asda)
MornieG

Actually I think some sort of Morocanny flavoured bunny and chick pea thing might work!

If you are on the train, or not coming from home, then please don't complicate your lives by bringing food.

(Cake tends to be the main thing required as extra.)

Bringing non perishables is not a problem. When the menu's are agreed just let us know what you want brought. Can do the cake thing anyway LOL

Mo.XX
Chez

The rabbits are going to Ali's today - she's coming over for them in a minute.

I can bring a couple of trays of eggs for breakfasts?

I could also bring cheese if that's any help - the red devon people are near us. And I could bring milk from them, too, it's much nicer than the supermarket stuff.
Jamanda

The rabbits are going to Ali's today - she's coming over for them in a minute.

I can bring a couple of trays of eggs for breakfasts?

I could also bring cheese if that's any help - the red devon people are near us. And I could bring milk from them, too, it's much nicer than the supermarket stuff.

Sounds good!
gythagirl

I'll bring cake, of course, and I'll also bring a quiche, and I'll wait til nearer to the time to see what we might be lacking. Not chickpeas though - I think they're covered Wink Bebo

If you've got lots of rabbit to use I can recommend this.

http://www.spanishfoodworld.co.uk/rabbit-recipes-2/

I've had it on numerous occasions in restaurants in southern Spain. Its delicious.
Jamanda

Sounds good. A bit korma-like bibbster

As I am not coming direct, I will bring fruity cakey things.
Very Happy
gardening-girl

Put me down for veggie/beany/burger type thing.Possibly a hommity pie or two. joanne

We can bring the mix of Lancashire cheeses that everyone loved so much last time from Dewlay as well to complement the cheese from the Arvidsons although that does of course mean that we'll have to bring twice as much as we are staying for a week in the Arvidson household before the skillshare and I've seen how much cheese we can get through!

I can also throw Arvo out of the kitchen and concoct some sort of GF cake thingy to bring and of course I'll bring GF couscous etc.
gardening-girl

Jo,is Christian GF or is it just you? joanne

Jo,is Christian GF or is it just you?

No he's just veggie, I'm the only one who is GF and I'm having to behave myself as I'm starting to have a severe reaction everytime I eat gluten
Nell Merionwen

Can people please have a look at the OP and suggest things? mochyn

I'll have to have a think. My head at the moment is full of pottage. Nell Merionwen

I'll have to have a think. My head at the moment is full of pottage.
Sounds messy.
mochyn

It can be... cir3ngirl

What do we all need to bring in way of cutlery and crockery please, I can't remember what is there.

What about I bring potatoes to make wedges and homemade chicken nuggets.
alison

What do we all need to bring in way of cutlery and crockery please, I can't remember what is there.

There is quite a bit in the camping barn.
MornieG

I will take the potatoes off my list there is still enough I can bring.

Mo.XX
Jamanda

Looking good - I'm sure we discussed bunny tagine for the evening meal at some point. gythagirl

Well there's very obviously Not Enough Cake on that list so you need to add an 's' to my 'cake'. And I'll bring a few dozen pikelets for tea or brekky. Chickem

I will make my quiches with a lentil base for the gluten free and SW folks Very Happy Snowball

I will bring olive and anchovy bites
date and walnut cake
red pepper dip
gardening-girl

I`m doing Bean Burgers for Sat pm,hommity pie for Sat lunch.

What are we having with the bunny/bean burgers?
Nell Merionwen

how about cous cous and mint and feta salad?
Jamanda

All sounding great! Do I need to do anything? are we good for breakfast fodder? Nell Merionwen

All sounding great! Do I need to do anything? are we good for breakfast fodder?

I think is is brekky stuff we are a bit short on. However, can we buy some from Ali?
Nell Merionwen

I do a fab tagine btw Wink Jamanda

I think is is brekky stuff we are a bit short on. However, can we buy some from Ali?

Alison said she would need to get it from else where. Debbie?
alison

I could go to our local butcher.
gardening-girl

how about cous cous and mint and feta salad?

Yes please! Laughing Laughing
Chez

How many trays of eggs am I bringing?

ETA: We will be arriving Friday late afternoon and leaving Sunday before lunch.
Jamanda

I could go to our local butcher.

Are they good? Heaven from Devon ones are great - trying to remember where I had them. Will go google.
Chez

Pork Heaven? That's our lot at the market. Did you have them at ours?

I can bring an order with me if you want me to - we'll be doing the market before we come on down.
sean

Yours and Chagstock and I think at jema & Snowball's too. They seem to be the Ubiquitous Sausage. Jamanda

Pork Heaven? That's our lot at the market. Did you have them at ours?

I can bring an order with me if you want me to - we'll be doing the market before we come on down.

That would seem like a good idea - they are very good sausages!
joanne

Is that the ones who do GF ones as well? Chez

Yes, they do GF. If we can work out what we need we can put in an order for collection on the Friday. As much notice as poss, she may need to kill a pig Smile Chez

Also, tomatoes. Do we need tomatoes? Jamanda

Also, tomatoes. Do we need tomatoes?

Tomatoes are good! We need to feed 24 adults and 10 children - some of whom are teenagers! We are talking Saturday and Sunday breakfast. 6 dozen sausages and some bacon? I'll bring some black and hogs puddings.
Chez

Okay, I will put in an order.

How many boxes of tomatoes? There's 12lb in a box.
Jamanda

What do you think Nell?
alison

Don't, we have loads in the greenhouse
Chez

Good-oh! Nell Merionwen

That's sorted then Very Happy gardening-girl

We can bring a poly-pin from the local brewery,cost about 1.20 a pint.Would people be ok if we asked for donations toward the cost?Obviously only those who drink it. mochyn

We'd thought of doing similar from Monty's brewery. sean

Both sound good to me. Jamanda says Downsizer can pay for it. mochyn

Okey doke. Something light, or more full-bodied?

http://www.montysbrewery.co.uk/
sean

Some sort of session ale I think. So 4% ish. mochyn

Very Happy gardening-girl

We have ordered some Gunner Boyce,about 4.5%.It really is lovely ale, occasion5 Jamanda

Send me prices people. Very Happy Jamanda

That's sorted then Very Happy

So is there a plan? Are there any bits I need to pick up on the way?
Nell Merionwen

That's sorted then Very Happy

So is there a plan? Are there any bits I need to pick up on the way?

I think that we'll see what we need when we get there and do a bit of shopping to fill gaps. Much like the last time.
Jamanda

OK. Did I read that you are going down tomorrow? Snowball

So, who is making the bunny tagine?
I am happy too. Helen, you don't want to be doing both main courses do you?
Nell Merionwen

So, who is making the bunny tagine?
I am happy too. Helen, you don't want to be doing both main courses do you?

I already have the spices n'stuff. I am happy to do it. Very Happy I think Chickem is the other pair of hands.
MornieG

We won't be there until Saturday Morning as we are visiting Pete's Sister the day before who is in Ilfracombe. I'm more than happy to help with any cooking, serving, clearing up just wind me up and off I go LOL

If you need anything picking up we can do it on the way over, sure we can find a supermarket. Nell I will PM you my mobile so you can let me know of anything you are short of.

Mo.XX
Nell Merionwen

We won't be there until Saturday Morning as we are visiting Pete's Sister the day before who is in Ilfracombe. I'm more than happy to help with any cooking, serving, clearing up just wind me up and off I go LOL

If you need anything picking up we can do it on the way over, sure we can find a supermarket. Nell I will PM you my mobile so you can let me know of anything you are short of.

Mo.XX
That would be fab Mo, thanks x x x
Snowball

we will bring icing and fairy cakes and marzipan for Amipest to play icing bunny fairy cakes, and making marzipan bunnies. cir3ngirl

I am happy to help but having a little trouble with osteoarthritis in my wrist Crying or Very sad but I can keep the kettle hot to make tea and coffee Rolling Eyes MornieG

From the posts you seem to have trays of eggs arriving, so do you still want me to bring some or shall I add other stuff. Seem to be bringing,

Pasta and Pesto
Yoghurt
Butter
Salad stuff
Mushrooms
Can make a big fruit crumble and a cake if you want ?

Mo.XX
Nell Merionwen

From the posts you seem to have trays of eggs arriving, so do you still want me to bring some or shall I add other stuff. Seem to be bringing,

Pasta and Pesto
Yoghurt
Butter
Salad stuff
Mushrooms
Can make a big fruit crumble and a cake if you want ?

Mo.XX
cake will never go wasted Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

OK. Did I read that you are going down tomorrow?

We're arriving Friday afternoon. Intending to be there early enough so we can do any shopping run needed before evening eating and drinking get underway.

A.
Chez

Can we do a vegetarian tagine as well as a bunny one? That would be easiest, wouldn't it, rather than doing two completely different meals?

And where are the ingredients for the feta and mint salad coming from? Could we do something with local cheeses rather than imported feta?
Nell Merionwen

Can we do a vegetarian tagine as well as a bunny one? That would be easiest, wouldn't it, rather than doing two completely different meals?

And where are the ingredients for the feta and mint salad coming from? Could we do something with local cheeses rather than imported feta?
I am happy to work with whatever people bring Very Happy
Chez

Just that if we have vegetarians who are gluten-free, a vegetarian pasta bake will be a non-starter. Nell Merionwen

Just that if we have vegetarians who are gluten-free, a vegetarian pasta bake will be a non-starter.
GF pasta?
Chez

As long as there's an option Smile gardening-girl

I thought I was doing a bean /veggie thing for Sat pm?
Making it Fri am, ready to go.
Chez

That would be great - I'm a bit confused, the initial post needs updating I think?

How many are you catering for, Andrea?
sean

But what if the GF veggies are allergic to beans? Or only eat purple food. Nell Merionwen

Veggie option for Sat eveing has now been changed on the OP to veggie bean thingy.
I must have missed Andrea's offer. Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

But what if the GF veggies are allergic to beans? Or only eat purple food.
Then they may find themselves catering for themselves. Wink
I am pretty sure I know who they are and they are very accomodating and not fussy eaters. Cool
Chez

Well I'm one of them - I don't think I'll be able to partake of the bunnies after spending the morning killing them. gardening-girl

As far as I can see,there is only one veggie,Christian, and only one gf,Jo.

I will do about 10 portions.

If you don`t like beans/veg etc,you had better do your own catering! Laughing Laughing
Rusticwood

If Sean is that worried about getting fed he could always do some chickpeas for himself Laughing Chez

I'm GF, too, Andrea.

Nell, I am about to sort the cheese. I was planning on getting a kilo each of halloumi (for the salad), the somerset and the devon http://www.reddevoncheesecompany.co.uk/html/purchase.html . Will that be too much/not enough?
Nell Merionwen

I'm GF, too, Andrea.

Nell, I am about to sort the cheese. I was planning on getting a kilo each of halloumi (for the salad), the somerset and the devon http://www.reddevoncheesecompany.co.uk/html/purchase.html . Will that be too much/not enough?
I think that will be plenty. If any doesn't get used we could grill it for breakfasts. (the halloumi that is)
gardening-girl

[quote="Chez:1414926"]I'm GF, too, Andrea.

Since when?

Ok,will use gf pastry for the veg/bean thing Laughing
Chez

Have been doing it informally for a while, Andrea - no bread but the occasional cake slips through. I've been tightening up though, and it does make a difference. Jamanda

I said I would get black pudding and hog's puddings to go with breakies. again - will 1kg of each be right? And shall I get a few big bloomers from our nice bakers? I can get nice local butter too. Nell Merionwen

I said I would get black pudding and hog's puddings to go with breakies. again - will 1kg of each be right? And shall I get a few big bloomers from our nice bakers? I can get nice local butter too.
I can't really visualise how much a kilo would be. I guess it will be enough. If we run out there will be other things. IIf we have too much perhaps we cantake some home between us. (Although I don't believe there is such a thing as too much black pudding)
Am I cooking brekkie or shall we draw up some sort of rota? I'm happy to bung stuff under grills and in pans as long as someone makes me tea. I find cooking easier than standing at a sink washing up Laughing
Nell Merionwen

Did we sort saussies and bacon? I Ali getting some or am I going potty?
Does anyone have an excess of tomatoes/courgettes we can use for brekkies?
gardening-girl

Hogs pudding Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Must bring brown sauce!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Home Home Home Home Home