Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Jamanda

Skills Share 2014 ....Rabbitstravaganza..

30th and 31st August at Mullacott Farm. North Devon.

We plan to fill Saturday 30th with (mostly) bunny based workshops, and have less structured time on Sunday morning.

So far we have offers of

Despatching, paunching and skinning domestic rabbits
Jointing and cooking rabbits
Tanning of rabbit skins
lotion making - non-bunny based
Kids cake decorating/marzipan bunnies/chocolate bunnies
Pompom and felt bunnies for the kids
Spinning
Photography
Knotting and hammock making
spooning
mini lathe, demo and do a 'have a go session'

If you feel you could offer a workshop or otherwise want to be involved in the organisation of the event please let us know!

Pricing will be

For subscribers 15 a head for adults (16 +) and 10 for school aged kids ( 5 to 15) (under 5s free).

For non-subscribers 30 a head for adults and 20 for children.

(Subscription is 10 per household - Let me know if you don't know whether your subs are up to date or not)

Payment via paypal to sales@downsizer.net

This will cover three meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Some workshops may require a small contribution towards materials.

This does not cover accommodation which needs to arranged directly with Alison.

The accommodation prices are as follows:-

Accommodation only in the B&B (breakfast will be taken with the group): 25/night for adults, 10/night for children.

The camping barn - sleeps 20: 5/person - please bring your own sleeping bag etc!

The camping field - 3/night for adults, 1/night for children.

The static caravan may be available, but needs to be booked for a week. I may book it for less time, nearer the event.

These prices are confirmed and include Mullacott's discount for Downsizers. Please PM Alison directly for bookings and enquiries.

All participants will be expected to muck in with cooking and cleaning duties and a rota will be drawn up on Saturday morning.

Well behaved dogs kept on leads are welcome if you're in a tent or camper van or in the camping barn, or static (if anyone wants it for a week), the camping barn has to be in agreement to others staying in there too.

If you'd like to see what has gone on at previous events take a look here.
mochyn

Any chance of Rusticwood attending and giving G a hand with spooning with an axe?
Jamanda

Yes, he's coming along with his knives!
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Tentative interest here. Would be happy to assist with various demos on bunnies (skinning, cooking).

Is there anywhere for someone without a tent and with a dog to kip? Laughing
sean

We've got a tent you can have if you don't get a better offer.
Chez

Oooh, do you want a tent? I think I've got one in the cupboard. I'll have a look.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

You're all lovely Very Happy
I shan't reserve a tent until I know if I have a job/transport/the will to live by August Smile
Jamanda

Where are you NMG? We might be able to sort out a lift. I was wondering if you could show us how to make your knitted square bunnies.
Nell Merionwen

Tentative interest here. Would be happy to assist with various demos on bunnies (skinning, cooking).

Is there anywhere for someone without a tent and with a dog to kip? Laughing

We have a spare two man tent. Do bear in mind that pooches have to stay on the lead at Ali's.
Pilsbury

This is exactly the weekend activities i want to do but thst is the first weekend of our holiday so i will pass unless the dates change, hope there will be another one if i can make this one though. Jamanda

This is exactly the weekend activities i want to do but thst is the first weekend of our holiday so i will pass unless the dates change, hope there will be another one if i can make this one though.

Sorry Pils Sad We'll never find a date that suits everyone. Where are you going?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Where are you NMG? We might be able to sort out a lift. I was wondering if you could show us how to make your knitted square bunnies.

I'm in Leeds Laughing

Howsabout...if I get this job I'm going for, then I'll say a big Yes to Rabbitstravaganza because I'll be able to afford petrol Wink So I should know in a couple of weeks?
Jamanda

OK! Fingers crossed then! Pilsbury

This is exactly the weekend activities i want to do but thst is the first weekend of our holiday so i will pass unless the dates change, hope there will be another one if i can make this one though.

Sorry Pils Sad We'll never find a date that suits everyone. Where are you going? oh i know that well so dont worry, we have an appartment in tenirife we go to every year, we love the place and as its the same 2 weeks every year we can plan and save lol. Nell Merionwen

I'm in Leeds Laughing

Howsabout...if I get this job I'm going for, then I'll say a big Yes to Rabbitstravaganza because I'll be able to afford petrol Wink So I should know in a couple of weeks?

If a one way train is cheaper we can give you a lift back. We won't be available to take you down there though.
Rusticwood

Any chance of Rusticwood attending and giving G a hand with spooning with an axe?

when don't I have knives Laughing Laughing

ETA I'll be happy to do my whittling again if people want a go
Rusticwood

Chicken will be bringing felting needles and supplies of fleece if anyone wants a go at needle felting alison

Accommodation only in the B&B (breakfast will be taken with the group): 25/night for adults, 10/night for children.

The camping barn - sleeps 20: 5/person - please bring your own sleeping bag etc!

The static caravan may be available, but needs to be booked for a week. I may book it for less time, nearer the event.

These prices are confirmed and include Mullacott's discount for Downsizers. Please PM Alison directly for bookings and enquiries.
Jamanda

Thanks Alison - I'll put the event prices up in the opening post now.
alison

I've already done it.

Probably need to make it a sticky and change the title though!
Jamanda

If you want to be in the B&B or the static or camping barn, you'd probably better talk to Alison sooner rather than later, but I don't want to take any money for the event until May. Jamanda

I've already done it.

Probably need to make it a sticky and change the title though!

Done and incorporated into the opening post on this thread too.
alison

One room already let! Fee

Aha! We'll chat, was just talking about getting a rabbit this morning Wink Lloyd

Are caravans ok, Ali?
We may be able to come down, don't know for sure yet. Confused
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Have a giggle at trainfares - 312 return pale alison

Are caravans ok, Ali?
We may be able to come down, don't know for sure yet. Confused

Caravans will be fine.

I am limited on the number, so will need to know sooner rather than later, but not immediately.

Do you know where we are? Wink Laughing
Jamanda

Have a giggle at trainfares - 312 return pale

The trainline.com gives 72 for return from Leeds to Barnstaple, but you can't book that far in advance.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

The trainline.com gives 72 for return from Leeds to Barnstaple, but you can't book that far in advance.

That's where I looked? How odd. It wouldn't search August so I made it March I think, for a rough idea. Heh.
Jamanda

That's where I looked? How odd. It wouldn't search August so I made it March I think, for a rough idea. Heh.

I tried a random Friday to Sunday at the end of this month. But that's about the price I'd expect. I use them quite a bit. Mind you it's a bugger of a journey! Three changes! I'd take the Barefoots up on he off of a lift back!
Jamanda

Try this link. joanne

Hopefully we will be coming down via Chez's and maybe all 6 of us if we can get train tickets that work for 1 of the teens

We will be camping so will confirm nearer the time - it's been far too long since I've been to Ali's
alison

Hopefully we will be coming down via Chez's and maybe all 6 of us if we can get train tickets that work for 1 of the teens

We will be camping so will confirm nearer the time - it's been far too long since I've been to Ali's

It certainly has.
Fee

So excited to be coming, been waaaay too long Smile Jamanda

So excited to be coming, been waaaay too long Smile

Very Happy It will be lovely to meet little Willow.
gardening-girl

I have just found a knitting pattern for bunny ears Laughing madcat

I'm tentatively putting this in my diary, I would love to come and learn new skills but a bit of planning would be needed.

I would bring a spinning wheel and possibly the Carding Monster. As a new spinner a bit of advice would be very welcome.

Accommodation, I have a tent but may be up for sharing in camping barn.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I'm a dunce and can't get the camping barn page to work on the website; is it literally a barn with bunks in or...? sean

It's not you, it's Alison's website. It used to be stables so it's divided into bays with platforms and foam mattress type things. Not actually a barn. No bunks either.

Edit: Direct linky
alison

It's not you, it's Alison's website. It used to be stables so it's divided into bays with platforms and foam mattress type things. Not actually a barn. No bunks either.

Edit: Direct linky

The page needs more work.

There are bunks in there too, depending on which end you are in.
bibbster

why is it not August NOW
Wink
Barefoot Andrew

Noooooooooo! Don't wish away the Spring. My favouritest time!
A.
Nell Merionwen

I assume this is still going ahead? Chez

I hope so. I'm about to get my rabbits to make more rabbits. Jamanda

I assume this is still going ahead?

Yes. scratch
Nell Merionwen

Yes. scratch

Excellent, it just hadn't been mentioned in a while so I wanted to check.
Jamanda

Yes. scratch

OK Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Yes. scratch

OK Very Happy

I'm really looking forward to it Smile
Jamanda

Yep, it'll be nice to have a get together - I'll start to collect money round next half term I reckon. Nell Merionwen

Yep, it'll be nice to have a get together - I'll start to collect money round next half term I reckon.

Ok brill Cool

I may even put on some shorts and do some proper relaxing!
Rusticwood

I may even do some proper relaxing!

you better Laughing
Nell Merionwen

you better Laughing

I said "May" Laughing
mochyn

I have a dilemma. It's the same weeekend as Rosie's birthday celebration. Nevertheless, I think I'll be coming because I see you lot so infrequently Smile NorthernMonkeyGirl

Let me check dates with my new boss Smile

Is there still a spare tent floating around somewhere? Very Happy
Rusticwood

you better Laughing

I said "May" Laughing

Do we have to tie you to a chair then? Wink Laughing
arvo

Very excited Very Happy

Just made some *fantastic* bunny stir-fry last night (EIIDSSM)

cheers
sean

Yep. We've got one you can have.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Mr. Green

Do people normally stay the night before and after (so 29th and 1st)?

And does anyone live near Birmingham for a mid-journey coffee? Very Happy
Rusticwood

there's normally a group of us who get there the day before not sure if any stay till the day after joanne

Oooh forgotten about this - Chez - we need to sort out dates as well Very Happy Chez

Yes, we do Smile.

I have mated the first rabbit, by the way. I think it worked.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Yes, we do Smile.

I am rather hoping you used a second rabbit Surprised Laughing Laughing
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Sorry, I'm spamming this thread a bit!

"Yes please" to the tent; I've pm-ed Jamanda and Alison about coming and booking a pitch.
Jamanda

Yes, we do Smile.

I am rather hoping you used a second rabbit Surprised Laughing Laughing

Great minds think alike Laughing
Chez

I did. But I still had to change my shirt. arvo

I did. But I still had to change my shirt.

And, say it with me: 'EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!'

(NMG I think comedy spamming almost always ok Smile )
bibbster

'EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!' Barefoot Andrew

Now less than three months away ... Very Happy

I shall be taking lots and lots of pics...
A.
sean

Jamanda's just getting her marking out of the way and then the spreadsheet will be opening. NorthernMonkeyGirl

Now less than three months away ... Very Happy

I shall be taking lots and lots of pics...
A.

i shall remember to bring a fancy paper bag... Laughing
mochyn

Alison: did I book a room? Jamanda

Jamanda's just getting her marking out of the way and then the spreadsheet will be opening.

This.
alison

Alison: did I book a room?

Yes you did.
alison

Talking of rooms, we still have one more room left, in the B&B. Loads of space in the camping barn, and lots of camping pitches available. Nell Merionwen

Jamanda's just getting her marking out of the way and then the spreadsheet will be opening.

This.
Let me know if you need any help x
Jamanda

There's about 200 graphs you could check the plotting on...oh is that what you meant? Laughing Nick

Tick and flick. It's not as if anyone cares or checks.

HTH HAND!
Jamanda

HTH HAND!

They do check! I get sarcy little comments if I make a perceived error. And to be fair it is for kid's A-level results, so pretty important! I'd be annoyed if I thought mine weren't been done properly.
Barefoot Andrew

Smack his legs Mandy.
A.
Nell Merionwen

Smack his legs Mandy.
A. he likes it! gythagirl

Have just booked Alison's remaining B & B room Smile alison

Have just booked Alison's remaining B & B room Smile

Very Happy
Nick

HTH HAND!

They do check! I get sarcy little comments if I make a perceived error. And to be fair it is for kid's A-level results, so pretty important! I'd be annoyed if I thought mine weren't been done properly.

Throw in some gold stars, too.
Jamanda

Nope - none of them either. Just marks. Laughing Lloyd

I still hope to attend in some form, albeit without caravan and coming alone, but subject to "circumstances beyond my control" as they say it's as yet unknown. Jamanda

Right - the spreadsheet is now open. Send us some money any time you like! See details in opening post. gythagirl

I think my membership renewal may have been rejected this year after I had to change my credit card number? I prob haven't updated my PayPal a/c... Jamanda

I think my membership renewal may have been rejected this year after I had to change my credit card number? I prob haven't updated my PayPal a/c...

Yes - that happens regularly. Just renew it.
Rusticwood

money sent via paypal Very Happy sean

Huzzah! bibbster

rabbit thingy

Ok, numpty questions;--
Are my subs upto date?
Who do I paypal?
Embarassed
bibbster

For Alison

Alison, I have sent you a PM Smile MornieG

Is there still room for two more please. We can camp but will probably not be there until the saturday morning as we hope to combine it with a visit to Pete's sister in Ilfracombe on the friday.

Pete said he can bring the mini lathe, demo and do a 'have a go session' all he needs is 13amp socket.

Mo and Pete XX
vegplot

I may, if the bike will stand the journey, pay a visit for a few hours. I've been meaning to do a long trip somewhere this summer for a day or three so could include this on my way to my brother.

EV could do with a break.
earthyvirgo

I may, if the bike will stand the journey, pay a visit for a few hours. I've been meaning to do a long trip somewhere this summer for a day or three so could include this on my way to my brother.

EV could do with a break.

Not sure whether that means I'm being left behind or am on the back of the bike?

EV
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing
A.
mochyn

We'll give you a lift if you like, Ann. MornieG

I see the prices in the OP but who do I sent it to please and what method, paypal? cheque etc ?

Presume we pay for the camping when we get there ?

Mo.XX
Jamanda

I see the prices in the OP but who do I sent it to please and what method, paypal? cheque etc ?

Presume we pay for the camping when we get there ?

Mo.XX

Sorry - to sales@downsizer.net I will amend the OP.

yes - we just need the food money in advance
Jamanda

Re: rabbit thingy

Ok, numpty questions;--
Are my subs upto date?
Who do I paypal?
Embarassed

Yes

sales@downsizer.net
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Home Home Home Home Home