Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
resistance is fertile

Small scale land based Planning (inc Functional Need)

Further to our evidence for the Lammas Inquiry, it seemed, once again, that the approach we have used to analyse and assess specifically small, often labour intensive, owner run farms/horticultural units is gaining ground as the way to go with presenting valid data on whats involved in running such ventures.

This is particularly important as so often 'standard', and largely inapplicable methods of studying labour and time inputs are used in such assesments at Planning application stage and we want to go from simply challenging this with our own, more relevant, methodology to offreing a suitiable standard (in the way that Nix and Lambkin/Measures are used so often as 'industry standards')

Whilst we have a reasonably large data base already, as the main exponent of such assessments, we would like to achieve a broader overview. This would allow more meaningful averages to be compiled for general planning use and help people put forward their own data at Planning Application stage more easily by referencing it to our collated figures.

Would folks be willing to take the time to fill in a simple spreadsheet and send it back so that we can increase our data field? It shouldn't take people too long and may well help assess their own business plans and/or current methods.

Please let me know as the more people involved in any small land based enterprises we can include the more valid and valuable our future work can be.
chez

If you email me one, I will get mum to fill it in. Or would we have to anyway?
resistance is fertile

You will be getting a thorough going over anyway Very Happy
RichardW

I will if I can. We are more at the pre business opening preperation & planning stage so not sure if we can help. Could base it on what we were doing previously if that would help.

Richard
resistance is fertile

As it goes, its just as much about forward planning as it is current practice as most planning applications are about projected future works.

I am either going to post a file here or a link to a fill-in-able sheet as it will be simpler.

You can fill one in for what you used to do to if you want as the more illustrative data we have, the better Very Happy
Rob R

resistance is fertile wrote:
You will be getting a thorough going over anyway Very Happy

You've seen the Big Rain's coming thread then Laughing

Will certainly help if I can with the spreadsheet, not going over Chez.
Lorrainelovesplants

Go on, send me one.............
Ive just put down foundations for building 1 (the general purpose storage shed and wood stack).
Building 2 in a few months (its the big one)
Lorrainelovesplants

Go on, send me one.............
Ive just put down foundations for building 1 (the general purpose storage shed and wood stack).
Building 2 in a few months (its the big one)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home