Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
wellington womble

Smoked vodka

I have some smoked vodka. It’s interesting, I’ll give you. I’m not really one for neat vodka, though and I’ve got much nicer things to drink.

It occurred to me it might be nice in a marinade if some sort. Any ideas?
jema

Wonder how that is done? or if its just a smoke flavouring added?

https://chasedistillery.co.uk/spirits/chase-english-oak-smoked-vodka/

would appear to have the answer
sean

You could put it in tomato sauce for penne alla vodka.
dpack

bloody mary with a hint of blazing protestant ?
Nick

It’s made at Chase, about a mile from here. I have a bottle. It’s not much cop in bloody Marys or with smoked salmon.

I wouldn’t buy it again, and I’ve half a bottle I don’t use. It’s mildy smokey but not usefully so. Save your money and buy their rhubarb instead. We got through three bottles on New Year’s Eve. You can pop in anytime and sample their whole range without any obligation. They’re lovely people.
wellington womble

We’ve just booked to come up at Easter and do just that.

It is Chase Distillery Smoked vodka. I bought myself a Chase Distillery advent Calander, which I would definitely recommend.

I’ll get stuff for a Bloody Mary and vodka pasta this week. I’ve only got two 50cl bottles to use.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

bloody mary with a hint of blazing protestant ?

Very Happy
sean

I bought myself a Chase Distillery advent Calander, which I would definitely recommend.

I’ve only got two 50cl bottles to use.

5cl shurely. Or that's a hell of an Advent calendar.
Nick

And at £40 a litre, an expensive one. wellington womble

Probably. I possibly meant 50ml. It’s good stuff, you know. My favourite so far is Pink Grapefruit gin. But then, I like all the Chase gins.

Incidentally, the whole world seems to have sold out if Worcestershire sauce, and stir fry ingridiehts. Obviously everyone is drinking Bloody Mary’s and eating stir fry.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home