Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Hairyloon

Solar panels on Listed building.

I've suggested to our local church that they put solar panels on the roof, but they say it is a grade two listed building so they cannot.

Any cunning or persuasive arguments?
Nick

Site them on the roof that cannot be seen by the road.

Free standing ones are more likely to get through planning than visible roof ones.

Successful case studies
RichardW

Its not impossible but they need proper paid for advice not some ramblings from a RBOI.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

NT did it on a Grade I listed castle, so the Grade thing is not a valid excuse in itself

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/article-1356397749561/

I presume they just need a kick up the bum to get them to seriously consider it and seek proper advice etc?
Hairyloon

I presume they just need a kick up the bum to get them to seriously consider it and seek proper advice etc?

It was no more than a speculative suggestion while chatting to the church warden. They are currently in discussion with the architect over various things...
Hairyloon

Successful case studies.

That link is not working for me at the moment. Sad
sean

Successful case studies.

I think that their website's fallen over at the moment. I can't get in from here or via googling.
Gervase

Shouldn't be a problem if they can be sited discretely. Listed Building Consent will be required. Call your local council's conservation officer and get him or her out for a chat. Most will try their darnedest to seek a viable solution. Nick

Successful case studies.

I think that their website's fallen over at the moment. I can't get in from here or via googling.

Works fine for me now. Anyone else?
earthyvirgo

Successful case studies.

Works fine for me now. Anyone else?

Seems to be working fine here.

EV
sean

Back up now. So presumably their site at fault. Hairyloon

Shouldn't be a problem if they can be sited discretely...
Round the back, out of the sunshine?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home