Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Bodger

Spot the freak !

Trevor the dexter bull calf who now thinks that he is a horse, has little or no respect for our barbed wire fences and quite literally has free range of the place ! Very Happy

saffranne

he looks a very confident little chap and cute
Marionb

Yes.... he looks very pleased with himself.... "Look at me and my best mates..."
Tavascarow

Bodger thats mean.
You could have at least got him a matching rug.
Laughing
hils

ummmm horseradish sauce
Tavascarow

Perhaps he's seen his bigger siblings disapearing & the horses staying & realised its time to make like a horse.
Laughing
hedgewitch

The horses look a bit unsure of the upstart Laughing
Anna-marie

Bodger,
My Dexter bull calf (now a year old) has absolutely no respect for any fence, either.
He has been across the river, "visiting" a neighbour's dairy cattle Shocked Rolling Eyes , and I have found it absolutely impossible to keep him out of the goat shed.
I nailed a sheep hurdle at a height that was OK for the goats to get in, but too low for Aqua, or so I thought. Until I caught him in there yesterday, and wondered how on earth I was going to get him back out again.
He soon solved the problem by lying down on his belly and wriggling along the floor until he was outside again. (Little b*gg*r!!) Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Anna-marie
Bodger

Touch wood, we have his mum here and he's been content to stay within our boundaries.
We are going to turn him into a bullock one of these weekends. We haven't told him yet, so keep it to yourself, incase he gets wind of whats a foot and packs his bags and does a proper runner.
Anna-marie

bodger wrote:
Touch wood, we have his mum here and he's been content to stay within our boundaries.
We are going to turn him into a bullock one of these weekends. We haven't told him yet, so keep it to yourself, incase he gets wind of whats a foot and packs his bags and does a proper runner.

OUCH!!! Shocked What's it worth to keep a secret? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

By the way, I also have Aqua's mum, his "auntie" and his half-sister, but it still didn't stop him wandering across the river and up a steep bank (and through two fences) Evil or Very Mad
Bodger

The best thing that we ever bought was a mains electric fencing unit and if he gets too big for his boots he will have to feel the full force of it.
Just Jane

awwww - wish I had room for a little cutie like him - he definitely needs a blanket like his "friends" - but I don't think pink is his colour
Bodger

Jane. He's got to get use to the cold, its going to be perishing for him in the freezer. Shocked
dpack

i will look out for a bullock saddle Laughing
nice snap
Just Jane

bodger wrote:
He's got to get use to the cold, its going to be perishing for him in the freezer. Shocked

Good point Laughing

Just curious about one thing - when you take him to the abattoir what happens to his fur coat - do you get it back or is it one of the bits that they keep?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home