Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
mochyn

Squabbling piglets

Some of them are having what you might call rows. Ears are getting a bit battered. Should I worry, or can I stop them?
Rob R

Don't worry, and I'd be impressed if you can stop them. It'll be the most equal sized ones having the set to?
mochyn

Yep: the huge one and the runt usually steer clear!
Rob R

Both know their place Cool
mochyn

Rob R wrote:
Both know their place Cool

So, a pecking order thing, then? (Not that pigs peck, but you know what I mean.)
Rob R

Yes, most likely, the equally matched ones always take longer to sort it out & every now & then they'll have a re-match Laughing
mochyn

Yep: 2 or 3 suddenly start rushing round in a very small circle, biting and yipping... really noisy!
NeathChris

They may get cuts and scabs on their faces, not much to worry about. If you want to stop the cuts, back to the same old story of clipping teath.
Paddington Bear

If they're running round and making lots of noise then they must be healthy! It's the very quiet ones that need watching. Laughing
mochyn

Paddington Bear wrote:
If they're running round and making lots of noise then they must be healthy! It's the very quiet ones that need watching. Laughing

Quiet piglet... now, there's a concept I've not come across! The noise is phenomenal! Even the one who's on antibiotics for the damaged cley is a rowdy little so and so.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home