Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Maxwell

St Georges

Anyone finding many atm?

They've just started coming up in Yorkshire but the few I've found so far have been maggot ridden puke_r
PeteS

I got a few in the middle of April and this week I found a few more. All in very good condition. However, still very dry down here. We did have a bit of rain but not as much as was forecast. Most of the rain in the south fell in the south west.
Kinnopio

I found a few fairly dry ones a week and a half ago but we havn't had any rain for weeks in Huntingdon
nettie

Must go and have a look in the morning, it's my last chance to nab a haul before I move house. Last year I bunged em in the freezer without cooking them first and they stood up to it quite well. I'll have to do the same this time as I won't have access to a cooker till the weekend!!
doctoral

Crying or Very sad Very little here due to not much rainfall, I guess. I did find a huge downed beech, though, that is infected with all sorts of fungus. Maybe later in the year there will be a glut of something ...
Stewy

Still none in my patch and soon it will be summer, is it possible for them to not fruit and miss a season?
cab

Got about two pounds of them on Sunday. This time last year I was picking them by the basket load. Still, better than nowt Smile
PeteS

Hi,

I got just under 1kg at lunchtime but unfortuantely most were full of worms Crying or Very sad I guess the warm weather does not help. Still, it shows that they are starting to come up in some places. There were none on this patch last Friday.
wildfoodie

yay!!!! enough for breakfast yesterday! looks like we could be getting another flush with this rain. will be checking my patch tomorrow or Saturday fingers crossed Smile
jp

Not one round my way Crying or Very sad
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home