Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Hairyloon

Strange printer problems...

I just had a call from a friend who is having trouble with his printer. Apparently it was printing pictures OK, but nothing else...
And then, I think, it stopped printing pictures.

I've suggested he re-install the drivers & he's gone to do that, but he's tried that before and it worked again for only a short time...

Any ideas for a longer lasting solution? Is an Epson Stylus DX4400 under Windows 7.
RichardW

If re installing the drive is fixing it even if only for a while then it does sound like a driver issue. Poss Windows auto installing an update that is not compatible.

Or its not the driver but the rest time & its a hardware issue.
dpack

solution = get a cannon printer
gz

or get a more up to date Epson...at least with them you can choose linux/windows
the latest ones are also going for refillable cartridges....
Hairyloon

or get a more up to date Epson...at least with them you can choose linux/windows
the latest ones are also going for refillable cartridges....

That sounds very unlike Epson: they are well known for being resistant to refilling.
Nick

https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/11409
Hairyloon

I wasn't doubting, just surprised.
buzzy

That's a 3D printer for MEN, is it? Wink

Henry
dpack

Laughing Embarassed

im going to add an extra n to my one and have some fun Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hairyloon

That's a 3D printer for MEN, is it? Wink
I do keep thinking we should build a 3d printer... I just don't know who I mean there by "we".
buzzy

Laughing Embarassed

im going to add an extra n to my one and have some fun Laughing Laughing Laughing

That'll give the Rabbits something to think about, if the hounds don't sort them out! Laughing

Henry
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home