Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Springerlover

Suggestions

Hi
Although I been up & running with the internet for 6/7 yrs now I only joined my first forum in september the main reason is that I felt a bit overwhelmed by them if that dosen't sound too daft Rolling Eyes
anyhow the couple of suggestions I have are sort of linked; How about a post inviting visitors to register telling everyone what a friendly bunch we are Very Happy
Also what about an "Introduce yourself" post where all members can intoduce themselves & tell everyone a little about themselves it sort of makes it feel a little more personel because you know something about the person behind the post Smile
Helen
jema

Good ideas, just need someone to kick off the latter!

As to an "invite" this has been on my mind for a few days, as we also need something along these lines on the main site.

But we are an egalitarian bunch here, if our newest member can write a decent speel then it will be highly welcomed Smile

jema
tahir

Good points, I don't know how I feel about "Introduce Yourself" threads, I've never used one on any of the forums I've joined but that might be because I'm a miserable bugger. What does everybody else think?
jema

What is do notice is that Helen has missed the boat with the invite to write something as our newest member Very Happy

jema
tahir

I invited her to write something before she registered Wink
Sarah D

Tahir wrote:
....... I'm a miserable bugger. What does everybody else think?

Laughing
tahir

Are you agreeing?
Sarah D

No, just a slight chortle................thought it was funny. Laughing
tahir

Most people that know me think I'm quite miserable, I don't try to discourage their views Laughing
Sarah D

I can't imagine you as miserable at all, though. Extremely patient, yes, miserable, no.
"tis a great thing, the Internet............... Laughing
tahir

Lowlander wrote:
tis a great thing, the Internet............... Laughing

Now that'd be a nice signature for you Wink
alison

Re: Suggestions

Helens Quails wrote:
How about a post inviting visitors to register telling everyone what a friendly bunch we are Very Happy
Helen

Helen I like the cut of your jib. WE are a friendly bunch and I am pleased you feel a part of it.
Sarah D

Re: Suggestions

[quote="alison"]
Helens Quails wrote:

Helen I like the cut of your jib.

Watching too much Blackadder, methinks............
alison

Great saying though!!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home