Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Brownbear

Supplier links forum?

I'd like to suggest a place where people can put useful links to suppliers in various categories, eg good yarn suppliers, gun shops, leather goods mfrs etc. Trading post isn't really suitable as it's not the poster that would be selling things.
lottie

What a good idea--could it include repairers for downsizey stuff as well?
Jamanda

There is already a links section, see third thingy down, top left of each page.

It's a bit out of date, but could easily be revamped if people want to add to it.

We'd want the link, the name of the organisation and a brief description.
Brownbear

Oh, never noticed it. I thought some place where people could put particularly good or bad service, or useful-thing suppliers. For example the jamjar-supplier question comes up every six months or so. It would be a bit of a timesaver.
toggle

Jamanda wrote:

It's a bit out of date, but could easily be revamped if people want to add to it.

taking a quick look, i'd advise taking angel yarns off the list, they seem to attract complaints from every second customer
lottie

toggle wrote:
Jamanda wrote:

taking a quick look, i'd advise taking angel yarns off the list, they seem to attract complaints from every second customer

I'll never shop with them again.
sean

I've removed them. I'll try to go through the existing links systematically next week to check that they're all still good. If anyone happens to spot one that they believe shouldn't be there can they let me know.

If members log in to the main site they should be able to submit new links, I think.
Chez

I had forgotten that was there. There looks to be quite a lot of good stuff.
Jamanda

I added in the Easy Wellies link that you suggested else where Chez. Very easy to do!
jema

It is all quite symptomatic of the issue that whilst new member may come in via the main site, for the "forumers" if it is not on the forum it almost might as well not be there Sad
Chez

We are all quite set in our ways Confused
Nick

There's a main site? Shocked
Jamanda

Nick wrote:
There's a main site? Shocked

Yes. Laughing Sometimes I think we've got the cart before the horse.
mochyn

I confess I'd never usef it before, but now I know it's there I'll have a look.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home