Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
tahir

Surplus lagging/insulation

http://www.aecb.net/forum/index.php/topic,3306.0.html
mochyn

I could use some, but I think that lot would lag the whole village!
tahir

If it's any good to you I'll pick it up and keep it till we see you next
Cathryn

We could use any that Mochyn has left but I cannot imagine how big a volume it is.
vegplot

We could use any that Mochyn has left but I cannot imagine how big a volume it is.

Quite a lot I should imagine.
Lorrainelovesplants

They do say that insulating under the floor is going to be the next big thing.....
mochyn

Actually I think we have enough: it will be going in the wash-house roof when it's re-built (very soon I hope) and we already have a couple of rolls. I suspect cathryn could use most of it though: she has a very large roof area to deal with.
chicken feed

LLP OH has been putting in underfloor insulation for over 15 years now.

the couple of new floors we laid has it under, it does make a difference.

Embarassed we even put some under the new pig sty floors in the sleeping areas.
tahir

I've asked for some pics
mochyn

What I'm really looking for atm is some timber for supporting the roof of the wash-house. ANd engineering blue bricks. And a few breeze blocks.
tahir

It's 250kg of offcuts:

Cathryn

Sorry Tahir - I forgot to thank you for posting the photos. This would have been very useful (there is none in our half finished roof *sigh*) but I cannot see that it would be economical to get it all the way here. Someone in London must have used this by now. Thank you though.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home