Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
tahir

Tablets: Windows v Android

Looking at buying a tablet; browsing, email, iplayer

The Lenovo Yoga what I am considering is available in both OSs, no idea which I should go for...
Chez

I was playing with the different kinds yesterday in a hands-on sort of way. My impression is that there isn't much difference in functionality; but there are more appy things available for Android.
vegplot

Not so much a tablet but a powerful PC in tablet form is the Surface Pro 3. I have one and highly rate it.
tahir

Veering between thinking it'll be really useful and thinking it'll just sit there, so I don't think I'm going to buy one
Nick

If thus is for you, buy a cheap, second hand one and find out if its useful, or if you just waste more time on fora and Angry Birds
Chez

If thus is for you, buy a cheap, second hand one and find out if its useful, or if you just waste more time on fora and Angry Birds

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is about seventy or eighty quid reconditioned for a seven inch (baby). Does everything including playing movies.
cir3ngirl

Wait for New Year sales
buzzy

Wait for New Year sales

If Santa doesn't come up trumps!

Henry
baldybloke

Must admit to being well impressed with my Kindle Fire. sgt.colon

If it's a tablet then I'd go Android.

I like Windows on a PC but for a tablet, to me, they just haven't got it right. Plus like what has already been said, far more apps on Play store than the Windows store.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home