Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
chickenlady

Taking knitting needles on a plane.

I'm wanting to take my knitting with me when we go to Spain. I'll only have hand luggage so I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems at the airport with having knitting needles in hand luggage?
Nick

Officially it's fine.
chickenlady

Brilliant. Thank you. Very Happy
Barefoot Andrew

Might be worth checking with the carrier though.
A.
SteveP

Knitting appears to be encouraged at Alderney airport

http://www.visitguernsey.com/-Alderney
wellington womble

I have knitted on planes a few times in the last few years with no problems. Officially you can take knitting needles, scissors with blades less than 6 (I think) cm and darning needles. I always take wooden dpns or circs and pack them so that they are seen in cross section in my luggage. I just flew Ryan air to France last week and they were fine with me knitting on the plane. All the fuss seems to have shifted to lip balm and bottles of water.
chickenlady

Thank you all. We're flying with Ryanair, so very relieved it will be ok. Phew. Will get some wooden knitting needles.
robkb

We're flying with Ryanair

In that case they'll charge you extra. Per needle. Wink
chickenlady

Shocked
Bodrighy

Just made a load of these for someone but at 27mm they may be a bit big and seen as offensive lol. I nearly got arrested on a flight to the USA when I forgot I had my Swiss army knife in my pocket as usual. Mind you it was the year after 9/11 and we had to take our shoes off at the check in just in case.

Pete
robkb

Are you sure they're knitting needles? Shocked
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing
A.
sgt.colon

Laughing Laughing Dirty boy!
Bodrighy

Are you sure they're knitting needles? Shocked

I don't know what you mean? I am sure they were, they were for a rug maker. The largest was 33mm

Very Happy

Pete
chickenlady

Size isn't everything Embarassed Mr O

Re: Taking knitting needles on a plane.

I'm wanting to take my knitting with me when we go to Spain. I'll only have hand luggage so I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems at the airport with having knitting needles in hand luggage?

In reality, the flight to Spain will only take a couple of hours. Is knitting so important?
chickenlady

It's not so much the knitting on the flight...but I'd like to finish a few projects when I get to Spain. I'll be there for a week and there will be times when I'm at a loose end so I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to finish up a few things. We are staying with friends and there'll be many days of sitting round the pool and there's only so much wine I can neck. I thought knitting a few teddybears would keep me sober Rolling Eyes gardening-girl

When are you going?
We are of to Spain early September,and asked the same question.
We are going with Flybe.
chickenlady

We are going in a few weeks...can't wait. wellington womble

I flew flybe to to the Isle of Man last year and it wasn't then. Nick

Re: Taking knitting needles on a plane.

In reality, the flight to Spain will only take a couple of hours. Is knitting so important?

You're not supposed to be here you cantankerous Git. Welcome back, I've missed you, Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home