Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Nick

Tartiflette tarts

Roll out very short crust pastry, and use it to line a muffin tray. Mine has 12 holes.

Line each one with very crumpled greaseproof paper and fill with lentils/dried beans/rice, and blind bake for ten minutes at 190'C. Then, remove the paper, brush with egg white, and bake for a further 5 minutes, until they're dry.

During this, prepare the filling.

Par boil a dozen small potatoes, in their skin, and drain.
Slice a couple of onions, 5 cloves of garlic and fry gently in some olive oil and butter. You're after a gentle browning, nothing more. Add some chopped up bacon, or lardons.

Beat 4 egg yolks with about 200ml double cream, and add a generous amount of black pepper.

Cut the potatoes into quarters, and put 3/4 bits in each pastry case. Top with a spoonful of onion/bacon mix, and pour over the egg/cream mixture until towards the top of the pastry.

Pop a couple of lumps of reblouchon cheese on top and whack back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or so. They should be brown and melty and a bit crispy.

Eat with snow, green leaves and white wine.

I shall add a photo, if they work, when they come out of the oven.

sean

Snow?
Nick

Yeah. Tartiflette should only really be eaten post skiing. There's nothing else that would justify that amount of calories.
sean

Ah. I've got drizzle. Better leave it then.
yummersetter

Very Happy
Cathryn

Nick, your ipad seems to have developed a glitch. It's having difficulty spelling, making some of your posts almost confusing and, shockingly, it seems to have added new words for you like calories!
Nick

Hush your mouse.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home