Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Bungo

Tempting

View from our bedroom window

boisdevie1

Where's the machine gun when you want it.
Behemoth

I often think that on he bus.
vegplot

Re: Tempting

You live in a tree house? Wink

Nice view.
Bungo

Re: Tempting

You live in a tree house? Wink

I think the squirrels round here think we live in a tree Mad They spend an awful lot of time in our loft Crying or Very sad
matt_hooks

Unusual to see that many Fallow of the same colour in one place.

There's a few there that look like good cull animals.
Bungo

Not unusual at all here Wink matt_hooks

The number isn't unusual, but normally they're a variety of colours. To have so many melanistics together is very unusual. Calli

Same round here - though the melanistics here are alot darker than these....one very prolific stag responsible round our way.

These lot know when they are safe huh ? Laughing
matt_hooks

Same round here - though the melanistics here are alot darker than these....one very prolific stag responsible round our way.

These lot know when they are safe huh ? Laughing

You mean buck? Wink
Calli

I do - used buck in the next post Embarassed

That said he is pretty big and impressive....
matt_hooks

Haha Calli, I still get them mixed up sometimes, and I've spent the last three years or so working with them! Calli

Spent the last six years with red and fallow infiltrating the orchard

Confused

And one scary night when a massive red stag - very impressive head gear- got stuck in a ditch and was being attacked by the terriers ( parsons and border) Was unsure who was most at risk for a while.

I count deer of all varieties on a par with sheep and goldfish in the IQ chain
matt_hooks

My previous job was in a smallish deer park with about a hundred and twenty head of deer, mix of Red, Sika, Fallow and a few Axis. We ran tractor rides into the park and the Red stags come up to be hand fed. A couple of the boys are so friendly I could lay across their backs, like you do with horses. Even then they were far from tame, and in full antler they were pretty scary. They can be fairly clever, in an animal sort of way, but I agree they're pretty dim.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home