Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
dpack

the best way to cook raw pork sausages?

there are many options ,in the spirit of the roast potato war which one do you like best?

what detailed method do you use for your option?

salamis ,black puds ,haggises etc etc will get nil point in this Laughing

i tend to go for boil 20 to 30 mins depending on thin or fat sized and then medium/hot grill turning a few times until browned and crisped on the outside which usually takes about 5 to 7 mins

this gives a moist sausage with the traditional brown outside avoiding drying out ,going leathery etc etc
alison

I have never cooked them like this. I will give it a go. We usually bake a tray of sausages in the oven, keeping it drained.
Behemoth

Heavy pan, get hot, turn down, cook neglectfully for a long time.
LynneA

Shallow fry, then use the pan for onions and mushrooms to go with

bake in oven IF making toad in the hole
gardening-girl

Baked in the oven, until very well done. Laughing
Behemoth

And never, ever, prick an good sausage.
wellington womble

Halogen oven. Like a grill with the lid closed that goes in the dishwasher. I hate grilling things, so it suits me perfectly. Previously, oven but it takes ages.
Shan

I quite like them done on a gas BBQ. Cooked.... not cremated.
Treacodactyl

Pushed lengthways onto a fresh hazel stick and cooked gently over alder wood embers for lunch after a mornings work in the wood.
dpack

Pushed lengthways onto a fresh hazel stick and cooked gently over alder wood embers for lunch after a mornings work in the wood.

i like that one Cool
Behemoth

He pricked it.
dpack

Laughing

OH DEAR what have i done Laughing Laughing Laughing
Treacodactyl

He pricked it.

Lengthways, so pushed down from the end. It seals quickly enough for the sausage to still cook in it's own juices, well until they pop and the flames incinerate them when you've got your back turned.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home