Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption
 


       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Behemoth

The Book People

Have a sale on, including Self Sufficiency for £7 in postage.

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk

Sorry....
Bernie66

cheers
Jonnyboy

Easons have Georgio Loccatelli's (sp) 'Made in Italy' for £9.99 as well, down from £27.99
Behemoth

There's also that book about weird beardy types doing up houses in Wales.

They also have Larousse Gastronomique for £20 - is this any good or is it for posing?
sean

Behemoth wrote:


They also have Larousse Gastronomique for £20 - is this any good or is it for posing?


I've got a copy. I use it sometimes, and it's a very nice book and good for winning arguments with. (It's very heavy and you can hit people with it until they give in.)
Not an essential, but worth twenty quid I reckon.
Penny Outskirts

Behemoth wrote:
There's also that book about weird beardy types doing up houses in Wales.


Didn't know he's written a book about it Confused
dougal

Re: The Book People

Behemoth wrote:
Have a sale on, including Self Sufficiency for £7 in postage.

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk

Sorry....


And a big bundle of RHS paperbacks for less than the sticker price of one, and the Penguin cookbook bundle (3 E Davids, 2 Nigel Slater, one Mrs Grigson, Rick Stein's first, and Ms Bareham's soup book all for a fiver total, oooh and there's the Gardener's Question Time Plant Chooser, and... there's River Café Cookbook 2 (hardback) for a fiver.
And Preserved for £3.
Sorry.
And there's Arabesque, and Falling Cloudberries, and... sorry!
Penny Outskirts

I'm not listening/looking - la la la la la la la la.........
Behemoth

Penny wrote:
Behemoth wrote:
There's also that book about weird beardy types doing up houses in Wales.


Didn't know he's written a book about it Confused


The book of that TV series thing, yours for £3, cheaper than a set of coasters for the coffee table.
hedgewitch

Behemoth wrote:
Penny wrote:
Behemoth wrote:
There's also that book about weird beardy types doing up houses in Wales.


Didn't know he's written a book about it Confused


The book of that TV series thing, yours for £3, cheaper than a set of coasters for the coffee table.


What TV series thing? Embarassed
Behemoth

"Accompanying the television series, Restored to Glory follows the fortunes of heroic home owners as they attempt to renovate period properties to their historically accurate former glory. From country cottages to ancestral mansions, this guide provides essential know-how whilst helpful tips are also given on tracing the genealogical roots of the house and how to employ specialist builders and craftsmen."

It featured Gervase lining his chimney with cow poo.
bernie-woman

You also appear to get a free annual with every order Very Happy - Doctor Who model making annual anyone Laughing
hedgewitch

Behemoth wrote:
It featured Gervase lining his chimney with cow poo.


Thanks! Maybe we should add that info to the Amazon review of the book? Laughing
Pilsbury

153FPP
promotinal code to get free delivery from the book people Shocked
valid til 31/01/07 aparently

sorry in advance
Jamanda

bernie-woman wrote:
You also appear to get a free annual with every order Very Happy - Doctor Who model making annual anyone Laughing


That does it for me! I'll have a look study
Jamanda

Ho Hum - Filled my shopping basket with Finn Family Moomintrolls or what ever they are called and a book about trees, and I can't get my log in to work. I've even reset my password. Confused
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home