Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Barrelman

The Great Clamp-Top Plastic Barrel Giveaway Is Here

Hi,

I've got some open-top clamp-top plastic barrels.

Former contents: water-soluble ink.

4 x 120-litre (can be used as bins for festival-goers)

Approx. 28 x 30-litre (could conceivably be used for something, e.g. collecting cooking oil)

They are all the blue cigar-shaped type that you are probably familiar with if you're in the market for barrels.

You can have them for free - and l haven't offered them to anybody else on any other forum (not yet anyway) - get 'em before l decide to charge for them! Please phone 07963 632 484, as l'm not sure if l get notifications of private messages on here.

P.s. l'm in Yardley, Birmingham. Can't deliver, sorry.
P.p.s You have to take them all, or none!

NOT SUITABLE FOR WATER STORAGE OR FOOD STORAGE.
Barrelman

Actually you can have as many or as little as you want as long as they are still available, l think it's asking too much for someone to take the lot. I need space because i want to store boxes of secondhand books in my storage space.
Cathryn

I would really like some of these. But they are too bulky for a ds chain pick up.
vegplot

I'm waiting to see if Welsh Veg Grower wants any.
RichardW

We would want some but again its the collection problem.

Richard
vegplot

If I can fit them all into a single horse box then I can pick them up and people can liaise with me.
Cathryn

Can you keep me in mind then please?

(I also need to get a gun cabinet back up to VSS, so if anyone's handy can you let me know.)
Hairyloon

vegplot wrote:
If I can fit them all into a single horse box then I can pick them up and people can liaise with me.

I was going to say something similar. I'll be taking my wee truck to London & back sometime soon.
But if you bring them all to Wales first I wouldn't mind one or two.
Chez

Please keep me in mind, too! I would like two or three or the smaller ones for storing chicken food.
gnasher

A couple of the smaller ones could be useful for me on the lottie but I am in Bournemouth so probably a bit problem collectionwise!
vegplot

I've nabbed them and am going to collect them soon. If anyone would like to collect from me in North West Wales, a donation of couple of quid each to cover fuel would be nice.
Chez

Right-ho, you're on.
Cathryn

I would, let me think about it (and possibly discuss it with Chez).
vegplot

I'm taking the smaller trailer to the show (I'll be borrowing a horse box to pick them up). I can bring down a few with me then. PM me when you know your requirements and I'll bring down as many as I can.
Hairyloon

vegplot wrote:
I've nabbed them and am going to collect them soon. If anyone would like to collect from me in North West Wales, a donation of couple of quid each to cover fuel would be nice.

How North, and how West?
vegplot

Hairyloon wrote:
vegplot wrote:

How North, and how West?

Bangor ish.
dpack

well done
we got a load of about 70 or so for the farm ,ace things for storage ,chook nests ,mineral feeders ,etc etc etc
as many uses as your imaginations Cool
Hairyloon

vegplot wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:
vegplot wrote:

How North, and how West?

Bangor ish.

Bother. This slipped my mind, and I'm planning to leave town tomorrow. I'll see if I can send a friend.
vegplot

They're pretty much all spoken for. There maybe a couple spare but will be in desperate need of a good clean. They contained water based ink in their original life.
Hairyloon

OK no worries. Maybe next time.
Mary-Jane

vegplot wrote:

*Puts hand up* we'll take some and will give a donation...
Barrelman

dpack wrote:
well done
we got a load of about 70 or so for the farm ,ace things for storage ,chook nests ,mineral feeders ,etc etc etc

Hiya dpack! I think it was me that gave you those ones. They were ex-foodstuffs, so they could be used for allsorts.

*** Just to point out: The ones l gave away free contained water-soluble ink, so they can't be used for feeding animals or water storage. ***

*** P.S. If you are leaving the barrels in a kitchen for collection of oil etc. it would be a good idea to keep the steel clamp at home, bringing it only when you arrive to transport the contents, that way the steel clamp won't go missing ***
mwalej

Barrelman wrote:
dpack wrote:
well done

Hiya dpack! I think it was me that gave you those ones. They were ex-foodstuffs, so they could be used for allsorts.

*** Just to point out: The ones l gave away free contained water-soluble ink, so they can't be used for feeding animals or water storage. ***

*** P.S. If you are leaving the barrels in a kitchen for collection of oil etc. it would be a good idea to keep the steel clamp at home, bringing it only when you arrive to transport the contents, that way the steel clamp won't go missing ***

Hi Mr Barrelman,

Do u still have some barrels to give away?

I am based in bournemouth.

Thanks

JOHN
Barrelman

No, sorry. I can always get barrels though, for a price.

www.alchembio.co.uk <----
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home