Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Penny Outskirts

The Naughty Corner

The Naughty Corner is officially launched.

If you wish to join, please click the link below and select Naughty Corner from Current Memberships

http://forum.downsizer.net/groupcp.php

All requests will be vetted by the group moderator to ensure no under-age users join.

This part of the forum has only two rules:

1. No member of Downsizer outside the group can be discussed - ever!

2. Anything illegal, libellous or defamatory will be removed.

Other than that - fill your boots! There will be swearing, there will be heated debates, blasphemy and personal insults.

Any debates that get too heated on the main forum may also be moved into the naughty corner.

If at any time you wish to unsubscribe, click the link above again, and click the 'unsubscribe' button. The opt-out takes effect immediately, and you can always join again at a later date.
Gervase

Re: The Naughty Corner

Penny Outskirts wrote:
There will be swearing, there will be heated debates, blasphemy and personal insults.

Ever thought of a career in marketing? Sounds irresistible! Wink
Rob R

Penny Outskirts wrote:
Any debates that get too heated on the main forum may also be moved into the naughty corner.

What happens to the contributors who don't feel the need to throw insults around when someone wades in and starts doing it on the main forum? Can the original debate be left on the main forum up until that point so it can continue without the 'naughty people's input?
Penny Outskirts

Rob R wrote:
Penny Outskirts wrote:

What happens to the contributors who don't feel the need to throw insults around when someone wades in and starts doing it on the main forum? Can the original debate be left on the main forum up until that point so it can continue without the 'naughty people's input?

Yes, we'll split it. It's usually quite easy to see when it starts, and all concerned will be asked Smile
Rob R

Jolly good Smile
Rob R

Penny Outskirts wrote:
There will be swearing, there will be heated debates, blasphemy and personal insults.

Sounds just like the staff room Laughing
Penny Outskirts

There will be a slight pause in approving new members while I go home Very Happy
toggle

Quote:
All requests will be vetted by the group moderator to ensure no under-age users join.

under which age?
Green Man

Do you think it is a good idea encourage name calling? If I don't join, I wouldn't like to think I was being called names behind my back where I can't see Shocked
Barefoot Andrew

Penny will severely batter anyone who breaks rule number 1... Wink
A.
sally_in_wales

Green Man wrote:
Do you think it is a good idea encourage name calling? If I don't join, I wouldn't like to think I was being called names behind my back where I can't see Shocked

I believe point one is meant to address that. As I understand it, if you arent a member of the naughty corner and therefore free to put your own pointof view across, being talked about is off limits
Green Man

Sorry, I should have read it better Embarassed
mochyn

Can people who aren't members read Naughty Corner stuff?
Nick

mochyn wrote:

Nope, only group members can see, join in and read posts.
12Bore

I've signed up for the fighting and swearing.........can't see the dinking link Laughing
judith

12Bore wrote:
I've signed up for the fighting and swearing.........can't see the dinking link Laughing

BYO
Nick

Bring your own Dink?

So many threads start here....

A person of Chinese/far-eastern origin
pejorative A North Vietnamese soldier
D.I.N.K: Dual Income No Kids, a financial term used for couples with no kids
A 'jerk' or 'goof'
A fully grown person who looks like they are still dressed by their mother
Military slang for a recruit in training, "Desperately In Need of Knowledge"
A British word for dildo
Canada, colloquial: A penis

Sign me up, how can a room full of these not be fun?
12Bore

grumblemuttergrowlstoptakingthepossorI'llseeyouinthecarpark.
That should get things started......... Laughing
Brownbear

Count me in.
Bebo

Nick wrote:
mochyn wrote:

Nope, only group members can see, join in and read posts.

Join up. I doubt you will get called names just because you are on the list. I expect you will probably need to post something that warrants name calling first.
Drewsephine

Where is it going to be ?
Chat ?
Separate Place ?
toggle

Brownbear wrote:
Count me in.
does thatmeanIgettocall you a &%%$&^^&whenever youannoyme
Brownbear

toggle wrote:
Brownbear wrote:
Count me in.
does thatmeanIgettocall you a &%%$&^^&whenever youannoyme

Yes.
toggle

Very Happy
Brownbear

toggle wrote:
Very Happy

You're welcome, you pixie-bothering Cornish goblin.
toggle

Brownbear wrote:
toggle wrote:
Very Happy

You're welcome, you pixie-bothering Cornish goblin.

i'mnotcornish Razz
misty07

can i not join then? im sure iv narked a few people off in the past but it says no more accepted
Brownbear

daddymatty82 wrote:
can i not join then? im sure iv narked a few people off in the past but it says no more accepted

That's probably a technical hitch. When you're a member you can hurl insults at Jema for it.
misty07

Brownbear wrote:
daddymatty82 wrote:

That's probably a technical hitch. When you're a member you can hurl insults at Jema for it.
lol im going to cry now
Penny Outskirts

I've approved all the pending people - click on it now Matty, you should be able to join
mochyn

I'm debating whether or not to join.

Why must you give me decisions to make?
sally_in_wales

mochyn wrote:

we could have a terribly genteel tea and cake fest on the main forum if you prefer, we aim to suit all tastes here Laughing
Nell Merionwen

sally_in_wales wrote:
mochyn wrote:

we could have a terribly genteel tea and cake fest on the main forum if you prefer, we aim to suit all tastes here Laughing

oooh yes please Smile
mochyn

Nell wrote:
sally_in_wales wrote:
mochyn wrote:

oooh yes please Smile

But with coffee instead?
sally_in_wales

mochyn wrote:
Nell wrote:
sally_in_wales wrote:
mochyn wrote:

oooh yes please Smile

But with coffee instead?

beverage of choice Very Happy
misty07

it said will be let know when im accepted thankyou penny
Penny Outskirts

Should be in there now Matty

I'm off out on the bike for half an hour

Very Happy
misty07

yes thankyou penny
Mary-Jane

May I shout "Bum!" and run for the door nowI've joined?
Green Man

Can I be rude yet? What has happened to my bl%@mIng subscrption. Why is it still pending?
Chez

I expect Penny's having her tea Smile
Bernie66

Mary-Jane wrote:
May I shout "Bum!" and run for the door nowI've joined?

The door only opens from the outside
Marionb

Green Man wrote:
Can I be rude yet? What has happened to my bl%@mIng subscrption. Why is it still pending?

Probably because Penny has gone out on her bike again Rolling Eyes

Laughing
Chez

Okay, I've joined. I'll cry if anyone's horrid to me, though.
Bernie66

Chez wrote:
Okay, I've joined. I'll cry if anyone's horrid to me, though.

Now there's a challenge
Chez

Or if you're extra nice Wink
Bernie66

Yeah, cos that'll happen Wink
sgt.colon

I've signed up. Will be interesting to see what you guys and gals are really like. Very Happy
Barefoot Andrew

If at any time anyone wishes to unsubscribe, click the link in Penny's opening post again, and click the 'unsubscribe' button. The opt-out takes effect immediately, and you can always join again at a later date.

I've added this info to Penny's post.
A.
Brownbear

sgt.colon wrote:
I've signed up. Will be interesting to see what you guys and gals are really like. Very Happy

Actually, I'm a gentle soul who likes country dancing and pressing wild flowers.
sgt.colon

Brownbear wrote:
sgt.colon wrote:

Actually, I'm a gentle soul who likes country dancing and pressing wild flowers.

Yeah, that's what I'd heard. Shocked
Nick

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
If at any time anyone wishes to unsubscribe, click the link in Penny's opening post again, and click the 'unsubscribe' button. The opt-out takes effect immediately, and you can always join again at a later date.

I've added this info to Penny's post.
A.

Which means you can turn up, say what you think about someone, and then log out, and they will only be able to say anything back by breaking the rules. Smile
Barefoot Andrew

Penny will Not Be Pleased if anyone pulls that trick...
A.
Nick

She never is.
Barefoot Andrew

Little oversight swiftly removed Wink
A.
Brownbear

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
Little oversight swiftly removed Wink
A.

By me, actually. The text read 'oops' by the time you removed it.
Nick

Very Happy

Bah, mine wasn't offensive, why did it get pulled?
sgt.colon

Nick wrote:
Which means you can turn up, say what you think about someone, and then log out, and they will only be able to say anything back by breaking the rules. Smile

But why would you want to be nasty about someone, we are all friends here, right?
Nick

Not at all, we just drink in the same bar, tis all.
tahir

Nick wrote:

Why is Bod fiddling with his dick?
sgt.colon

tahir wrote:
Nick wrote:

Have you seen him, he probably can't get anyone else to do it. Very Happy
Nick

tahir wrote:
Nick wrote:

Because he can.
JB

So do threads tha get heated get moved to the naughty corner or do we have to explicitly start threads we expect to get heated in the naughty corner in the first place?
Penny Outskirts

JB wrote:
So do threads tha get heated get moved to the naughty corner or do we have to explicitly start threads we expect to get heated in the naughty corner in the first place?

Both Very Happy
Brownbear

JB wrote:

Dunno.

I started one in DIRM the other day on phantom diseases, nobody asked for it to be moved, they just got offended about it.

Personally, I think some of the people on whose behalf threads are periodically locked, would miss the opportunity to become outraged on a regular basis.
Jamanda

No one got offended. Some people disagreed with you. Not the same thing,
Brownbear

Jamanda wrote:
No one got offended. Some people disagreed with you. Not the same thing,

One person said I was a bigot, another suggested I was mentally ill, and others misrepresented what I'd actually said. However, I'll make sure to post potentially interesting stuff in the closed bit in future.
Vanessa

Well, I clicked on Penny's link, and it's a blank page. Well, it's got headers etc, but nothing to click on to join! Crying or Very sad

*goes off mumbling*
Brownbear

Where it says 'non member groups' you click the drop down, select 'naughty corner' and click 'subscribe'.
sgt.colon

vanessa wrote:
Well, I clicked on Penny's link, and it's a blank page. Well, it's got headers etc, but nothing to click on to join! Crying or Very sad

*goes off mumbling*

Be warned, your eyes hurt when you come out of there. Very Happy
Vanessa

Thanks BB ... and thanks for the warningm Sgt Laughing
JB

If a thread gets moved to the naughty corner is there a stub left in the original location so people who were watching but not subscribers to the naught corner aren't left wondering what happened?
Bebo

JB wrote:
If a thread gets moved to the naughty corner is there a stub left in the original location so people who were watching but not subscribers to the naught corner aren't left wondering what happened?

I think the intention is that it is continues in both but the sweary people continue the debate in the Naughty Corner. Not 100% sure but Penny may be able to confirm.
Erikht

Penny Outskirts wrote:

This part of the forum has only two rules:

1. No member of Downsizer outside the group can be discussed - ever!

2. Anything illegal, libellous or defamatory will be removed.

And, off course, you don't speak about the Naughty Corner.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home