Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
dpack

the shed needs painting so.....

dazzle

or not

perhaps i know where this is leading Wink

last time i got "shed "paint it said chestnut on the tin but the reality was orange and i have quite a lot of assorted paint in the shed which could be on the shed .

i will post snaps as it develops Laughing
Falstaff

Duh Creosote ! Laughing
Mistress Rose

Definately 'not' The object of the dazzle is to make the ship disapear into the waves at long distance. Unless your shed is a really long way away from anything, it is going to be horrible in dazzle. Try mixing the paints if they are all the same type, and getting some black to tone down the result if it is still too bright.
MornieG

I like the purple one with the lilac interior. Just sayin' !!

Mo.XX
yummersetter

Now I understand . . you are, in real life, Sir Peter Blake. That explains a lot Smile
dpack

Now I understand . . you are, in real life, Sir Peter Blake. That explains a lot Smile

most definitely not .
dpack

the shed is in a small yard,if by far away you mean i am 3 meters from it at most if the angle allows a direct view and usually if you can see it you can touch it.

i was thinking a quite "immersive"experience unless one is in a plane(we get quite a few of those including the low level lancaster with hurricane outriders combo)or the day trip balloons which often float past

i recon it will take a couple of hundred "break lines"on each of the 2 sides i can see and maybe 20 for the roof.
JB

Dazzle for the sides but paint the roof so that from the air it looks like a surface to air missile launcher Wink
wellington womble

They make my eyes hurt. Grow bindweed up it. You won't be able to see it by June. Wink
dpack

Dazzle for the sides but paint the roof so that from the air it looks like a surface to air missile launcher Wink

Shocked .im fond of my shed ,done well ,dressed in bad cammo, with a good radar n heat sig might be far too exciting Laughing
dpack

with a bit of effort i could make em think they are far taller than they are and keeping the descriptive text just adds to the jollyness Laughing

unless i get some harm to my sorry butt Laughing
Bodrighy

Some ideas? dpack

eg

i know that is a 3d interior but as a 2d image on the front it might work rather well ,tis busy enough to work at close range Laughing
onemanband

more inspiration

I like the Opal Kadett
dpack

yum Cool Mistress Rose

As you have to live with it in a small yard, I would go for a dull brown. You will give yourself migraine with most of those. Mind you, some were so well camouflaged they looked like bunches of flowers. Laughing gregotyn

Always remember that the 3 metres you are away from the shed is a 2 day trip for a slug, so if you can make the shed dazzle for the slug, your stored veg may be safer from attack! dpack

Always remember that the 3 metres you are away from the shed is a 2 day trip for a slug, so if you can make the shed dazzle for the slug, your stored veg may be safer from attack!

i just bought two rather nice pot grown sutton broad beans from the local park keepers ,they came with a free slug which managed 250m in about five mins Laughing

it did the last 20 in under a second Mad
gregotyn

I hope you have neutered that slimey friend; is there a slug racing team anywhere near you, you have a potential champion! dpack

it was looking a bit peaky just before it left Twisted Evil
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home