Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
robkb

The Singing Detective

On BBC4 last night, to celebrate its 25th (!) birthday, and on the iPlayer.

Still brilliant, imho.
Mithril

Oh, I remember my parents watching it. Glad it's on iPlayer - I'll give it a go.
robkb

Oh, I remember my parents watching it.

Yeah, thanks for that Wink Laughing
Mithril

Laughing I'm actually old enough to have watched it first time round but didn't fancy it back then.
robkb

Laughing I'm actually old enough to have watched it first time round but didn't fancy it back then.

Sorry, eldest daughter has just turned 16 so feeling my age at the moment Sad And prom dress shopping doesn't help...
sean

I'm sure you'll look lovely though. robkb

Thanks, I'll make sure I post a photo Very Happy Mithril

Sorry, eldest daughter has just turned 16 so feeling my age at the moment Sad And prom dress shopping doesn't help...

You wait 'til they get married - then you'll feel old Smile
sean

He'll need a new frock for that too. And a hat probably. robkb

Goes without saying, surely? Mithril

Shame not too Very Happy jamanda

Oh, I remember my parents watching it. Glad it's on iPlayer - I'll give it a go.

I remember it being horrific! (I was about 14 and worried about spots and laviscious men.)
sean

lascivious. jamanda

lascivious.

coff
arvo

The Singing Detective was great. I preferred the last two though Cold Lazarus and Karaoke. Mithril

The Singing Detective was great. I preferred the last two though Cold Lazarus and Karaoke.
I have no recollection of those, but I see from the links they are from 1996 - I didn't have a telly at that time, which explains it Laughing
Mithril

I remember it being horrific! (I was about 14 and worried about spots and laviscious men.)

Yes, I only caught a few glimpses but quickly decided it wasn't the sort of thing I wanted to watch with my parents. (I'd have been 17 at the time).
arvo

Though not his most horrific. Surely Brimstone and Treacle takes that prize.
sean

Yeah. That had Sting in it. *shudder* robkb

Yeah. That had Sting in it. *shudder*

He was in the later fillum, not the original tv play - although that was banned for 11 years, so most people probabyl saw the Sting version first.

And even that can't be as horrific as the shiny blue pants he wore in Dune Surprised
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home