Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Hairyloon

The Winnie the Pooh skool of Building.

I am sure we are all aware of the tale where Winnie ther Pooh wants to build a house, starting with the roof, in order to keep them dry while they are building.
Makes perfect sense to me, but I have nothing to build a some out of, so I've decided to start with the doors, in order that we have an indoors and an outdoors.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Laughing

There was a Grand Designs chap who started with the roof. It was an urban one (London?) - a long bungalow in the space of a driveway, with his own engineered opening skylight-the-size-of-the-whole-roof.
Hairyloon

I'll post some photos later. I can't get them off the phone just now.
Mistress Rose

No problem starting with the roof if you have some sort of frame for it to sit on.
LynneA

Maybe ask the builders on Winchmore Hill Road, Southgate who've tied a large Winne The Pooh toy to their scaffolding.
Hairyloon

Mistress Rose

That is going to be in interesting project. Start with the door and contents and build round it. Laughing
mousjoos

At least the doors should stop any draughts
Hairyloon

Alas no. There is a big gap under them. Sad
onemanband

I notice that one door protrudes through the roof.
I would suggest putting the doors lower thus solving 2 problems.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

That is going to be in interesting project. Start with the door and contents and build round it. Laughing

At least you know what size rooms you'll need Very Happy
Hairyloon

I notice that one door protrudes through the roof.
What roof?
Quote:
I would suggest putting the doors lower thus solving 2 problems.

I was going to lift the floor up...
Mistress Rose

Umm. Perhaps you need to rethink this a little Hairyloon. Laughing Hairyloon

What may look like the roof is just a strut to help stop the door post from falling over.
The actual roof is going to need to be a whole lot stronger as I want to put the garden back on top of it.
Mistress Rose

I know this would spoil the fun, but what are your plans for this shed/pair of doors? Very Happy Nick

Happiness is a room without a roof...

(Clap along)
Jb

I think you need to have a word with your cleaner.
Hairyloon

I think you need to have a word with your cleaner.
I don't expect the cleaner to clean outdoors, that is a job for the gardener.
Now that that mess is indoors, it is another matter. Why else do you think I did it?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home