Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bubble

this mornings haul

got these this morn ,parasols and macrosporus [Aga.]

Lorrainelovesplants

we might have these under our leylandii (over 60 ft tall)...
there are mushrooms that come up every year...kinda patchy looking on top.
bubble

cooked dish and plate-up,of todays mushrooms [see above] I know I've done this dish with different mushrooms[ceps ,chanterelles ..etc] before , but, these are the tastiest so far.

mochyn

Time for a walk, I think.
earthyvirgo

Fabulous pics Bubble.
Shop bought mushrooms have so little flavour.

Very, very poor up here for the last few years. nothing worth writing home about Sad

EV
Jamanda

Not a sausage here. Just a load of false chanterelles Sad And my cep patch has been sluiced - all the leaf mould has been washed away - it's just clayey subsoil with the tree roots standing proud above it.
Northern Boy

Great stuff Bubble. Still very early here. Found the tiniest chanterelle yesterday but that was it.
Lorrainelovesplants

great photos...
bubble

Thanks ,the camera is just a Sony job,I just aim and shoot ,I have, with experience ,developed a feel for when the light is good , 'cause I know nothing about photography!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile
fatboy

Nice one Bubble, looks tasty. I haven't got out much of late, but have had a bit of luck with the a. macrosporus. They are everywhere at the moment.

Every time I cut one, Dr. Bananas, pictured below, eats the stump I leave behind.

I've got pizza tomorrow, so these will be just fine.

Truffle

Nice one Bubble, looks tasty. I haven't got out much of late, but have had a bit of luck with the a. macrosporus. They are everywhere at the moment.

Every time I cut one, Dr. Bananas, pictured below, eats the stump I leave behind.

I've got pizza tomorrow, so these will be just fine.

Brilliant pic Smile
bulworthy project

We found some chicken of the woods for the first time the other day and then found out that not only is it delicious, but we are not alergic to it.
tai haku

gold!
Jamanda

We found some chicken of the woods for the first time the other day and then found out that not only is it delicious, but we are not alergic to it.

Both good pieces of news. It makes a darn good Thai-ish curry.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home