Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Hairyloon

Tips for fishing in Yorkshire.

I've not been fishing since I were a lad, and I didn't do too much back then either.
But from somewhere, my daughter has developed a big desire to go fishing.
So any top tips on where to go and how to do it?

I'm also quite inclined to have a go at crayfishing, but I've even less clue where to go for that. Confused
Rob R

I take it you mean West Yorkshire, in which case I guess dpack is the one to ask- he's been looking into getting back into fishing recently and has been doing some research.
Mary-Jane

Apart from the crayfish fishing, what sort of fishing do you mean? There are several...
Hairyloon

Mary-Jane wrote:
Apart from the crayfish fishing, what sort of fishing do you mean? There are several...

She's just turned eight. She wants to go fishing. Anything that fits the brief will be fine. Wink
Rob R wrote:
I take it you mean West Yorkshire...

Anywhere within strike range of Leeds (or Sheffield)... and when it's warmed up some, we've got a tent. Wink
Mary-Jane

Hairyloon wrote:
She's just turned eight. She wants to go fishing. Anything that fits the brief will be fine. Wink

Anywhere within strike range of Leeds (or Sheffield)... and when it's warmed up some, we've got a tent. Wink

I'd be inclined to take her coarse fishing to a stillwater fishery then. Plenty of fisheries have facilities for children these days. Have a look at this link:

http://www.waterscape.com/in-your-area/yorkshire/sheffield/fishing
Hairyloon

Good tip... at least until I can get my boat seaworthy. Wink
Rob R

Is it just me or does anyone else keep reading it as 'Tips for fighting in Yorkshire.'?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home