Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption
 


       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
jema

Top Ten Wild foods for April

Great article as usual. But the length of the html links makes the page way too wide. Shall I edit them down?
cab

Re: Top Ten Wild foods for April

jema wrote:
Great article as usual. But the length of the html links makes the page way too wide. Shall I edit them down?


Cheers.

Go for it.

Shall I use "makeashorterlink" or some such like for May?
Bugs

Might it be better/tidier to hide them within

"Click *here* and *here* for pics"? Then people can see where it's taking them by hovering their mouses over the links
jema

Re: Top Ten Wild foods for April

cab wrote:
jema wrote:
Great article as usual. But the length of the html links makes the page way too wide. Shall I edit them down?


Cheers.

Go for it.

Shall I use "makeashorterlink" or some such like for May?


What i do is simply put a "..."s in the text that displays. The link itself obviously stays the same. I will do it now.
jema

Bugs wrote:
Might it be better/tidier to hide them within

"Click *here* and *here* for pics"? Then people can see where it's taking them by hovering their mouses over the links


either way is I think fine, so if you don't mind I'll do this one my way for speed?
Bugs

Ah, I didn't know about your way - don't mind me then! Very Happy
jema

Bugs wrote:
Ah, I didn't know about your way - don't mind me then! Very Happy


I think your way looks neater. My way gives more credit where it is due.

Using a "shorter link" service would do the places we refer to no good at all as they would not get a link, and would be a lot of work Sad
cab

jema wrote:

I think your way looks neater. My way gives more credit where it is due.

Using a "shorter link" service would do the places we refer to no good at all as they would not get a link, and would be a lot of work Sad


Cool. Your way it is then.

Hopefully, now I've fathomed this new scanner, I can get more of my own pictures on there in future. I've got nice shots for nearly all of them.

Next will probably come wild foods by freshwater.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home