Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
OtleyLad

Trader ads/write-ups?

Forgive me if i've missed these changes.

Traders used to have a section where they could post write-ups about their products. I have realised that mine is seriously out of date and looked to see about updating it.

Could not find it, so i'm assuming either I'm looking in the wrong place or they are no longer shown?

Thanks
sean

http://www.downsizer.net/Products%10Services/
I think you need to look there.
OtleyLad

http://www.downsizer.net/Products%10Services/
I think you need to look there.

Thanks for that. Its seriously out of date!

Who should I contact to update it?
sean

I *think* that you can edit it yourself if you log on to the main site using the log in link in the RH column.
chez

I don't have one in there. Can I do one? And there isn't a suitable category for me, really.

Can you tell I'm looking for displacement activity so I don't have to unpack the rest of the boxes?
sean

I don't have one in there. Can I do one? And there isn't a suitable category for me, really.

Can you tell I'm looking for displacement activity so I don't have to unpack the rest of the boxes?

Yes.
I think you may have the power to create a category.
Yes.
chez

Oooh, gosh, can I? I will go and see what I can do then. Yay! for diddling about on the internet rather than doing all sorts of other less interesting things Laughing 12Bore

Who's got Judith's hat? Rolling Eyes Laughing sean

I think the hat is only effective against poultry and pregnancy. It's powerless against the internet. OtleyLad

I *think* that you can edit it yourself if you log on to the main site using the log in link in the RH column.

I went here: http://www.downsizer.net/Products%10Services/

saw my ad and logged in (via the login on the rh column) but it didn't lead me to an obvious place where I could edit anything?
Green Rosie

I might be being rather thick here but how would anyone find this section without Sean's link? I can get to the Traders Page but not the one Sean gave the link to. OtleyLad

I might be being rather thick here but how would anyone find this section without Sean's link? I can get to the Traders Page but not the one Sean gave the link to.

Same here.
sean

It's because it's on the main site. The forum has a traders section and so does the main site. Dunno if we can integrate them better if the proposed revamp goes ahead.

@Otley Lad there should be a little pencil and pad icon by the article if you're entitled to edit it. Click on it to edit the article.
OtleyLad

@Otley Lad there should be a little pencil and pad icon by the article if you're entitled to edit it. Click on it to edit the article.

Thanks - didn't see that at first.
Midland Spinner

Can I have an ad please??

And if so, how do I get one?
jamanda

Can I have an ad please??

And if so, how do I get one?

See here.
judith

Do you mean a banner ad? If so, have a read of this, then contact one of the vetting team. judith

Bah, beaten to the draw by Jamanda Oakley! jamanda

Bah, beaten to the draw by Jamanda Oakley!

Cool Laughing
Midland Spinner

Righty Ho, we've read the linky, we think we qualify so I've pm'd Sally.

Thanks everyone!
Midland Spinner

How do I a) make a banner the right size (I can't seem to get it down to 460 * 60 it keeps wanting to be different sizes)

and b) link to it - it's on my computer at the moment. (Lightbulb moment, if I attach it here it will then have a url - right? Aha, sorted I hope.

Mods, I've linked to the url of the banner in my profile - I don't know if it's the right size, but it seems to be there, could you activate it for me please.
Treacodactyl

I've activated it. To change the size make sure you don't have something like "maintain aspect ratio" checked on. I've tried altering it but it looks too squished so you may need to crop the picture first and then add the text when you have it the right size. Midland Spinner

Thanks Treacodactyl
I've fiddled with it and finally got something which is about the right size (a tiny bit small).
But it works.

Thanks everyone for your help.

*goes off to write an introduction to Alison & Hugh's Handmade Things.*****
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home