Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
wellington womble

Traders for school Christmas Shopping Evening

Would anyone local to Nuneaton like a stall at a school Christmas shopping event? We are especially looking for 'blokey' stuff, as a lot of the stalls are frilly, girly bits at the moment. Also, there isn't much food, although I beleive we have jams and chutneys covered.

Yes, I've been conscripted onto the PTA. Already.

Ideas for simple crafty kit things are also welcome - I thought of felted soaps so far, but could do with some more ideas.
Jamanda

You fool!

I did it all through primary. Was the secretary for most of that time. I couldn't stomach it at 2ndry though. Too much like work!
alison

Re: Traders for school Christmas Shopping Evening

Would anyone local to Nuneaton like a stall at a school Christmas shopping event? We are especially looking for 'blokey' stuff, as a lot of the stalls are frilly, girly bits at the moment. Also, there isn't much food, although I beleive we have jams and chutneys covered.

Yes, I've been conscripted onto the PTA. Already.

Ideas for simple crafty kit things are also welcome - I thought of felted soaps so far, but could do with some more ideas.

We have used a craft catalogue before, with simple kits in, that a teacher and a couple of classmates ran. glue, glitter knots, that sort of thing.
wellington womble

You fool!

Yes, quite. Actually it was mostly cackling and they meet in the pub over the road, so it seemed as good a way as any to meet people in a new area. Two have already admitted to a fibre addiction, and another one makes chocolate bouquets, so they can't be all that bad!

Thanks for the ideas. I'll keep thinking....
Nell Merionwen

Bear in mind you need a SA to sell soap. sean

I doubt that they're planning on making the soap. Nell Merionwen

I doubt that they're planning on making the soap.
I assumed WW would, she is a very capable lady Cool
Nell Merionwen

What about simple natural christmas tree decs. Dried oranges with a bit of ribbon, cinnamon sticks, oranges with cloves studded into them. That kind of thing. Nell Merionwen

I seem to remember making ginger bread decs with cut out "windows" that you fill with a boild sweet. They melt in the oven and make a stained glass effect.
here you go
wellington womble

Shh. That's my secret for the gingerbread house raffle prize (because I can't ice a Christmas cake properly!)

I wasn't thinking of making soap this time. I just wanted some easy things for kits. Felted soaps are super-simple, and need no prior skills (like a crochet or knitting kit might) so I was trying to think of a cous more similar things.
sgt.colon

Did somebody mention Christmas? Very Happy wav Nick

Yep, it's only 14 Mondays until Christmas. Enjoy. sgt.colon

Crikey! Not long at all then. How exciting. Smile earthyvirgo

Oh shut up you two (above).

EV
tahir

We will be selling jam, juice, and nuts at ours wellington womble

I'm not sure I want to book a stall to fill on my own. There ought to be some sort of of downsizer stock box to travel the country for this sort of occasion!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home