Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Midland Spinner

Traditional looking loo with right hand flush or dual flush

PR & I need to replace the bathroom fittings.
We'd like a traditional looking suite, but need to have the flush handle on the right of the loo (Left as you look at it) because otherwise it'll be right next to the wall and you'll hit your knuckles on it.

We could opt for a centre push button dual flush one, but they all seem to be 'portrait' format cisterns which would look out of proportion in the bathroom.

The layout we have has to stay - for practical reasons and for cost, so we can't shift the loo to use a left hander.

We've been looking around at local places and all the loos we like have the handle on the wrong side. Do any of you know of a reasonable looking loo with the flush on the right? (reasonably priced & new, not reclaimed)
dpack

iirc with most decent manufactures you can ask for r o l handled

i always used to get them through plumbing and bathroom suppliers ,a few days for delivery was usual and the quality of goods and services was better value than the diy chains
onemanband

If you can't find the cistern you like correctly handed, would fitting an offset pan connector to rear of toilet allow you to move the toilet an inch or two across to give knuckle clearance ?
Midland Spinner

iirc with most decent manufactures you can ask for r o l handled

i always used to get them through plumbing and bathroom suppliers ,a few days for delivery was usual and the quality of goods and services was better value than the diy chains

The (not very helpful) woman at the plumbing suppliers nearest to us seemed very surprised that we might even have a preference for where the handle is! I don't think we'll be shopping there.
dpack

a few phone calls might find somebody more like the ones i remember
sean

Something like this?
gz

Ideal Standard were the only ones manufacturing in the UK when I was sink hunting in 2006 Sad
vegplot

You need a bog standard loo.

I know, I know.
Midland Spinner

Something like this?

Yes, something very like that!
I knew that the DS database of knowledge would turn up trumps, Thanks Sean

And Thanks Vegplot as well - you should be flushed with pride!
Duckhead

Why don't you get one of those that has the cistern above your head, with a chain?
We had one in our last house. It reminded me of being at Grandmas.
Midland Spinner

Why don't you get one of those that has the cistern above your head, with a chain?
We had one in our last house. It reminded me of being at Grandmas.
Low (sloping) ceiling! Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home