Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
doctoral

Tricholoma Leucocephalum

Roger says edibility is unknown, but the Chinese government list them as an edible fungal export, i.e. for sale - does anyone know which is true, cos I know where I can find thousands - also, do they tend to grow in association with truffles? Someone must know! Cab???

puke or Very Happy ???
cab

Are you sure they're T. leucocephalum? Out now? Funny time of year for it, and its uncommon at the best of times.

Off the top of my head, I don't know whether it is edible, although I'll check some of the books later to see. Never heard of an association of it with truffles (although Truffle would know waaaay better than me).
Truffle

No idea on edibility and I've only found them in late summer/autumn (from memory).

As for truffles, I have never heard of, nor seen them, growing in association with each other. Rather than association, they may share similar habitat with some of the truffle species. Where did you hear of that from?

Truffle

Grow truffles- www.PlantationSystems.com -Plant truffle trees
doctoral

Very Happy First, I am preparing for an onslaught of these mushrooms sometime in June and going on until September - I have always forgotten about them in previous years, probably because their edibility was described as "Unknown" by a famous mycologist Rolling Eyes . An American website said they were 'sometimes' found in association with truffles, which intially got me interested and then I found that the Chinese export them as an edible species. If anyone wants to come and have a look at them, I would be glad to take them there, and I will probably take a few for a small taster (however, I will more probably be checking whether there are any truffles around).
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home