Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
sgt.colon

Tudor Monastery Farm

Starts Wednesday 13th November at 9.00pm.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cp55dr/tudor-monastery-farm--series-1---episode-1
Nell Merionwen

Cool
robkb

Thanks for the reminder Smile
frewen

I shall give that a go Smile
Somewhere-by-the-river

Fab, thanks for that. We don't tend to watch tv so unless someone lets us know something good is on... Right up our street Smile
sean

Is this a trend towards more and more specific farming nostalgia gubbins on the telly? Coming soon, "Fred Scroggs' Allotment in Bootle June to August 1953".
frewen

I'd prefer to watch that to Strictly anyday Wink
Bodger

Is this a trend towards more and more specific farming nostalgia gubbins on the telly? Coming soon, "Fred Scroggs' Allotment in Bootle June to August 1953".

Yup and I'm making the most of it too. Fred's a very knowledgeable person and he's always happy to pass on what he knows.
Mistress Rose

Saw the first episode of Tudor Monastery Farm. Not bad, but not brilliant. Pity Alex wasn't in it as I thought he had more idea of the practical side of farming. Know the setting well, as it is not too far from us, and rather like the place. The main house they are in is Bayleaf, and quite a large hall house. Nice garden attached and if the worst of the volunteers isn't there, quite interesting. The usually have a great wheel in one of the rooms at the high end, which I have had a go on.
Bodger

Its on my to visit list.
Barefoot Andrew

Coming soon, "Fred Scroggs' Allotment in Bootle June to August 1953".

Dunno why, but that made me think of this amusement.
A.
Bodger

That's a scream BA. Laughing Melli-Jane

Quote:
Know the setting well, as it is not too far from us, and rather like the place

I always remember school visits to the open air museum when the highlight was the boys daring each other to sit on the privy which hangs outside Bayleaf...

it's definitely more interesting as an adult and they make lovely flour at the mill.
madcat

I missed Alex too but Iam hoping it will be an interesting series even so.
I found the church stuff really creepy , I'm so glad religion doesn't have such a hold on our lives now.

I don't know where the farm is but I assume its somewhere in the South East.
Nell Merionwen

The farm is down on the south coast (I think), the church is in South Wales, St Fagans museum of welsh life. Melli-Jane

Its the weald and downland museum at singleton in west sussex. gz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01k3bl2/Tudor_Monastery_Farm_Episode_1/ Mistress Rose

Frequently used as a backdrop for historical filming. The TV programme Witchfinder General was partly filmed there. For any of you that saw it, I was the spinning witch and son was the wood cutter.

Weald and Downland Museum is a lovely place and very interesting. We have done the Autumn Festival for the last few years as part of the wood section. Hurdle making, spar making and besom making competitions are a feature of that event.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home